Miss Addie Sue is turning into a little girl right before our eyes. She's asking questions all the time now. I'm kind of afraid of what she's going to say when we're out in pubic. The other day, we were at Target at Customer Service and she asked if the lady helping us "has a baby in her tummy". She didn't, so it was a bit awkward. I acted like I didn't hear her and took her off to look at something else.
Addie Sue is also skipping naps quite frequently. I'm more surprised if she does nap than if she doesn't. We got one of those child-proof door covers and put it inside her room, so now she doesn't come out every 10 minutes and ask if her naptime is over. Instead, she plays. Last week, she was playing a harmonica and singing "Longneck Bottle, get out of my hand". It was hysterical!
Some of Addie's favorite things:
- Sleeping Beauty- all princesses in general
- painted finger nails
- Longneck Bottle song - by Garth Brooks
- Taking care of babies- covering them up especially
- movies- doesn't matter which...she watches whatever she can
- retelling parts of stories and acting them out (Three Billy Goats Gruff, Nemo, Three Little Pigs)
- Cake and ice cream- or the idea of it, she rarely eats half of it
- Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory- talks about this movie constantly."Remember when Violet chewed and chewed and chewed her gum and she turned into a blueberry." "Yeah- I might turn into a blueberry!"
- singing...she's really good at singing "Bushel and a Peck"
- bad dreams- just started having them
- cleaning up
- when people don't follow rules- she has some bossy tendencies
Poor Kaylee...Addie had to cover her up with towels (tucking her in) and Kaylee just moped around the house until someone took them off of her.
Addie got to go to Sydney's 3rd bday PRINCESS party this month too!
Check out this funny conversation we had about her favorite movie: