Our little boy is such a joy! Oh, how we love him!
We celebrated with just a small family party on Sunday. Grady didn't really give us a big show when eating his cake. He ate an entire piece of pizza and a pear, so I don't think he was hungry.
Micah and the girls tried to show him how to snarf down cake with no hands, but he wasn't impressed. So the cake eating was a bit of a let down.
Ice cream was a different story, however. He was happy to eat up a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream in no time!
Grady opened his presents and has enjoyed most of them.
I think the balloons were his favorite, however! They are always a hit with kids!
Little G is a bit more laid back than his sisters were at his age. But, I can't say that I mind. I'm soaking up his milestones as I know how quickly I will forget them!
One year milestones:
- crawls and cruises
- takes one to two steps and stands alone.
- loves to dance to music/singing
- does a traditional crawl unless something is in his hand, then he has a funky lopsided crawl
- says dada, hi and "uh-oh"
- plays with the dog dish water every chance he can get
- Loves baths and comes crawling when tub turns on
- does not typically sleep through the night anymore, but surprises mommy from time to time with a full night of sleep
- has started drinking cow's milk without a fuss
- still nurses three to four times a day
- NO TEETH...yet
- loves to "walk" while hands are held
- climbs stairs well
- Rarely complains...he's a "go with the flow" kinda guy!
My lil newborn...
My lil toddler...
Why did it have to go so quickly?!