Thursday, January 31, 2013

G turns One YEAR Old!!!

Grady turned ONE on Sunday. (sniffle, sniffle)

Our little boy is such a joy! Oh, how we love him!

We celebrated with just a small family party on Sunday. Grady didn't really give us a big show when eating his cake. He ate an entire piece of pizza and a pear, so I don't think he was hungry.





Micah and the girls tried to show him how to snarf down cake with no hands, but he wasn't impressed. So the cake eating was a bit of a let down.




Ice cream was a different story, however. He was happy to eat up a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream in no time!

Grady opened his presents and has enjoyed most of them. 




I think the balloons were his favorite, however! They are always a hit with kids!


Little G is a bit more laid back than his sisters were at his age. But, I can't say that I mind. I'm soaking up his milestones as I know how quickly I will forget them!

One year milestones:

  • crawls and cruises
  • takes one to two steps and stands alone.
  • loves to dance to music/singing
  • does a traditional crawl unless something is in his hand, then he has a funky lopsided crawl
  • says dada, hi and "uh-oh"
  • plays with the dog dish water every chance he can get
  • Loves baths and comes crawling when tub turns on
  • does not typically sleep through the night anymore, but surprises mommy from time to time with a full night of sleep
  • has started drinking cow's milk without a fuss
  • still nurses three to four times a day
  • NO TEETH...yet
  • loves to "walk" while hands are held
  • climbs stairs well
  • Rarely complains...he's a "go with the flow" kinda guy!
My lil newborn...



My lil toddler...

Why did it have to go so quickly?! 

No comments: