Thursday, September 20, 2007

We're still alive...

I know how annoying it is to check someone's blog and see that they haven't updated regularly. Sorry I've been one of those people these past two weeks. I don't know how people with full time jobs manage to keep up. My part-time position as a PAT educator is sucking the life out of me. Of course, I know it will be better next year once I have my 40+ lessons organized and have a better idea about the flow of the curriculum. But right now, I'm making homemade toys every chance I get, doing paperwork, calling and scheduling appointments, going on home visits, and trying to memorize all the brain research that goes with each age group and the rationale for the activity I bring them.
Most of the families I visit are doing well, but I did get a CRAZY family yesterday... I 'll spare you the details, but let me just say, Supernanny would have her work cut out for her with this family. In fact, I don't even think she'd go into their home b/c she seems to work more with affluent families and this family is no where near comfortable (of course, they do have a huge TV that probably costs as much as a car, but no car---go figure). Very different from my upbringing, but I'm sure God has placed me in this position for a reason. For the most part, I love my job and I feel like I'm doing a great service for the families I see.

Anyway, enough blabbing (I just had to vent). On to Addie Sue.

Micah wanted me to share that Addie is now:
  • counting to 100,
  • tying her shoes,
  • is completely potty trained,
  • demonstrating a knowledge of simple multiplication,
  • and running in a 5K this weekend.
Can you believe it? She's soooo advanced!

Okay, so maybe we're fibbing ...A LOT. She isn't doing all these things, but she is doing well. Her vocabulary is getting bigger everyday. She's really into pointing to people and saying their names, but she's still having trouble with telling us who she is.













Signing "fish"- She is still signing a majority of the time while she says the word.














Addie reading Epa's newspaper.













Putting her shoes on her baby

This child has adjusted to childcare just like we thought she would. She loves to go to Mandy's and see Kylar and Josie. She runs in the door, waves bye-bye and she's off. Most days I do get a kiss, but yesterday, I was out of luck. She isn't sleeping very well there, however. At home I can still get two really good naps out of her. But there, she seems to only be getting one mediocre nap. At least I know she's being well cared for.

Some of Addie's favorite activities are:
  • Playing pretend with her kitchen...she's pretty good cook
  • pushing her stroller around the house
  • putting on her shoes
  • playing outside in sandbox (or pushing her stroller)
  • reading books
  • dancing
  • using Daddy as an indoor slide











  • and helping Mommy wash dishes



























This "Kiss" is for you...hope you're having a great day:

4 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

Thanks for the kiss, Addie! I can sympathize with the stress of trying to balance everything, Beth! It will get easier, I'm sure. Hope we see you again soon.

the hortons said...

Addie is so sweet. Lucy and I loved the baby kiss. Lucy is jealous of Addie's long shiny hair and piggies. I am jealous that meal time doesn't look like a battle to the death, as it is at our house. I remember you said in a previous post that Addie just started drinking milk. What's the trick?

Works sounds exhausting, but at least are you enjoying your time out of the house? When it's my turn to get out of the house and attempt to balance a job and family, I will definitely be calling you for advice. We can't wait for the next update.

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Yes, being a working mom is tricky business. Someone, or something, seems to get neglected no matter what you do. For me, its been my house....it hasn't been clean since Syd was born. Somethings gotta give, and its sure not going to me my time with her. Hey, they're only little once.

It will get easier, hang in there.

Sutton Family said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute. I know this was a couple of posts ago...but I think it's wonderful you are still breastfeeding. If I would have had enough milk I'd still be doing it w/ Mallory. Addie is such a big girl an smart. Keep up the good work. Addie is so lucky to have both of you as parents.