Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Christmas with the Family

Micah brought home a box from work shortly after Christmas so we made her a little house. I think we had more fun making than she's had playing with it.

We've set it up downstairs in her playroom along with her slide and swing. She's hooked up for the winter...Lucas likes it too!

Both sets of Grandparents came out since Christmas to celebrate with us. Gigi and Papa came first and stayed with us for a week. We spent New Year's Eve with them and the Wilsons. We had a great time playing games, eating, and we watched the movie "Stardust".

We also played in the snow. Kaylee and Lucas were happy that someone actually came outside with them to play instead of telling them to go do their business.


Doesn't she look so cute in her snowsuit? She was licking the snow in this picture.

Gigi and Papa took her to Build a Bear for Christmas. Here she is making her bunny, Jenny.

I don't think she really got the whole experience, but she had fun anyway.

Memaw and Epa came the day that Gigi and Papa left.

They came bearing gifts too. So many, in fact, that Addie went on strike and refused to open anymore that day. She had to open a few more throughout the weekend. I think she's a bit spoiled, so we might have to have her give some of her older toys away to good will.
While they were here, we had time to go out and play b/c it was close to 70 degrees outside. Quite a stark difference from the week before. Here she is playing on her little car.


She likes riding her new tricycle, but her legs don't quite reach the pedals so she just moves it with her feet.


It was so wonderful to have both grandparents come and visit us for Christmas. She is adored by them and mentions them often when they are away.

On Monday, we passed the swing in the garage and she kept repeating "wing", "wing". So we went swinging.


Addie is talking in sentences a lot now and is doing a great job of naming colors and counting. One time she exclaimed, " I did it!"when she made a handprint while we were fingerpainting . She loves to have her hands traced too. She's growing up so fast, but the strange thing is that I love every stage even more than the one before. I'll probably think that each year (until she turns 13!). She's so much fun! It's hard for me to believe that she'll be turning two next month.


FYI: I'd like to update more often...but our computer uploads so slow it takes several minutes to get one picture up at a time. We're going to have to do something about our situation before I go berzerk with how slow it is.

4 comments:

Carrie Fluegge said...

I just added more memory to my computer (maxed it out so it's twice as much as I had before). It was only $100 to do that and it made a lot of difference in uploading pictures. I needed to do it for work but it's been handy for doing the blog. If it's not your memory then you need a faster internet connection.

Micah and Beth said...

I'm sure it's a bit of both. We have decent memory b/c MJBH just upgraded it within the last year...but we switched to ATT and it's not as fast as we were hoping. Thanks for the advice. I could probably reduce the size of the pictures too and that might help.

Sarah & Scott said...

beth ellen....i love the last photo of addie in her red dress. she is so pretty - just like her mom! ---sarah

Kevin and Supavan said...

Beth, I love the house. If I was a little girl (or maybe even now...) I would love to decorate and play in one just like it! What creative parents you are!