Friday, August 15, 2008

Look who's Turned 30!

Micah turned 30 yesterday. To celebrate, he shaved his goatee into a mustache and went to get his license renewed. He's thinking is that he will always look younger in person b/c he looks like he's 40 in his picture. I think it's hilarious!!! He looks like one of those guys off of Super Troopers.



We went out to dinner to Jose Peppers, Micah's favorite Mexican restaurant.

Last weekend, we went to Jenny (Hare) Macfee's wedding reception. She and her hubby, Kevin, got married in the Dominican Republic in June and celebrated with the people who couldn't go in KC. It was an awesome reception....just as I had anticipated. Jenny has great taste. She and Kevin have been living in NYC in the last year. I think they're going to be moving to California very shortly. Ahhh...the life of the MWOK (married without kids).


Me and my very good-looking husband...not very humble am I?


Kelly, Jenny (Beautiful, isn't she?, Carrie F., Carrie E., and me


The group of girls from Graceland:
Corey, Nikki, Kelly, Carrie, Jenny, me, Carrie, Christine (met in NY), Emily, & Julie

Addie turns 2 1/2 this weekend too! I never did get her two year photos so I really need to get my act together.

She's a joy, most days, and ornery some days too.
  • she stalls going to bed BIG time now. The following reasons to avoid bedtime are now becoming part of her routine: "I hungry", "I need a drink", "I have to go potty.", "I want to watch a movie.", "Last time, book.", "I need my binkie & lovey.", etc. The list goes on and on.
  • She's still working on getting her 2 year molars. She's been late getting her teeth all along.
  • She opens the fridge and pulls out food on her own.
  • She's potty trained, but not "poopy" trained.
  • She calls elevators..."alligators".
  • She's very gentle with her babies. She cuddles them, pretends to change their diapers and she talks to them like I do to her, "Shh...It's okay. Mommy's got you. I'll kiss it and it will be better, okay?"

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy belated birthday Micah! Nice 'stache. I think you sort of look like Uncle Kevin too. :)

Carrie said...

Great pics! When do we get to see you????? Can't wait!

Our Three Girls said...

Micah's mustache is cracking me up! Happy belated birthday!

Fire Hunt said...

happy b-day Micah. I like all the photos.

Mrs. Smith said...

You are so stunning in every shot! That is a great family photo!!
Hugs~Traci