Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Addie!



I can't believe Addie Sue is three years old! Time has really gotten away from us. She's growing up fast.

We had a tea party on Monday with some friends of hers (and their mommies). Then, we celebrated her actual birthday on Tuesday with the Wilsons. My folks are coming in this weekend to celebrate with her too. She's going to start expecting to have a birthday week every year instead of just one day if we don't stop all this celebrating!!! :)


Andrew and Addie playing


Brayden, Abby, and Addie Sue playing make believe


Some of the kids were mesmerized by the dogs outside. I realized afterward that Addie was the only kid that has a dog out of all the kids at the party. That's probably why everyone else has cleaner houses. Just think how much these kids will love the zoo!


Would you like a spot of tea?

Her party was pretty low-key and relaxing. The kids played in her playroom. We had "tea" in which the kids got to pour their own juice and had yummy sandwiches, jello jigglers, etc. Then, they got to decorate their own cupcakes and sing the bday song, which Addie was happy to lead.




Brayden, Abby, Addie, Kaylynn, and Andrew (Kaden, Elaina, and Brynn are not pictured)

At the end, each kiddo got to take a swing at the pinata and fill up their bags with candy. I thought the mommies wanted to hurt me because their kids got waaaay too much sugar. I feel guilty...but Micah told me not to be stingy on the candy! :)


What good is a party unless you end it with blowers and couch jumping?



Other February happenings:

I went to North Carolina with my mom to visit my sister. She is expecting her third child... a girl, and had a baby shower. It was great to see my nephews and play with them. They're adorable!

Addie had some trouble with tape.


My nephew, Aaron, was the student director at his school for the show, Willie Wonka. This just happens to be one of Addie's favorite movies too! I think I was scared of it as a child, but obviously, Addie is fearless in this aspect anyway. She loved it. But, she was scared to death of actually meeting Willie Wonka after the show was over.

Here she is hiding between my legs. Maybe she thought he would turn her into a blueberry!

4 comments:

Fire Hunt said...

Happy birthday Addie!

Our Three Girls said...

Happy Birthday, Addie! Looks like you had a super birthday party. So much fun!

Fun Memories said...

Hi Beth, stopped by your blog to say hi. that first pix of Addie is great!! you even got that blurred background. Have you seen the pix from the play? fun time. Enjoyed visiting with you. Linda

Fun Memories said...

Beth, stopped by your blog to say HI!! Love that first picture of Addie. great shot. have you seen the pix on facebook from the play. very fun time. enjoyed it. linda