Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Birthing Class Reunion

On Saturday, Addison and I went to our Birthing Class Reunion at one couple's home. Micah couldn't go because he was taking a class that should help him be better prepared for his board exam. I was nervous about taking her by myself because I didn't know how she would act, but she did pretty well...for the first half. By the end of the afternoon, she was done socializing. We lined all the babies up on the couch and snapped our cameras excessively. Addison looks like she's whispering a secret to the girl beside her!


Nevertheless, Addison had to open up and share her feelings about the occasion. Notice she's the ONLY one voicing her opinion. Eventually, the little baby beside her started crying too, but I think it's because her ears were starting to hurt from Addie's screaming. To her credit, she is the youngest one there, by a couple months...so I would like to think that had she been four months old like some of the other children here, she would have been more laid back too. Part of me thinks that Addie just isn't going to be that way...she's a mover and a shaker.


Grandma and Grandpa Williams came up this weekend for a funeral and I asked them to stay another day because they hold Addie and I get a break to nap or get other stuff done. Mom gave her a kiss before leaving for the visitation and we all started cracking up.


Our friends, Tara and Doug, were absolutely a godsend and volunteered to watch Addison for us last night so that we could have 2 or 3 hours to ourselves. I felt kind of guilty that I wanted a break so badly. Most mothers would probably not want to leave their 7 week old so soon. But, the excessive crying really starts to get to you after a while. I know Addison can't help her "colicky" behavior, but Mommy and Daddy can't either, so we took them up on their offer. I'm so glad we did too! Addison slept most of the evening and was really good for them and Micah and I went out to dinner and got to spend some time with just each other.

1 comment:

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

She's getting so big! She looks like she can definately hold her own with those 4 month olds. If she really is colickie, then you're more than 1/2 way through how long they say it lasts. I heard it is gone by the 3rd month. Mike & Danielle's little one doesn't sleep at night much, and she had some good wisdom to share....they're only little for a short time & it goes by so fast, so just love em' & hug em' all that you can while you can.

Can't wait to see you guys again soon.