Sunday, June 11, 2006

Crazy Dayz!

Addison had her first dose of cereal on Thursday evening. She spit it out- like we expected. But- she kept opening her mouth to try some more. Here is an action shot of her spitting it out:


We've been spending time with the Hunt's from Ohio this weekend and had a wonderful time. I'll post pictures with them tomorrow because their visit isn't over and we'll have more opportunities to get more photos then!

I'm thinking they bring good luck because Addison has had a great two days as far as napping and eating are concerned. I'm not saying it's anything permanent...but I'm gonna enjoy it while I can.

On Thursday night and Friday, Addie and I went to Topeka to stay with my parents and we had the worst night EVER! She was up every hour and slept fitfully on Thurs. On Friday, she refused to eat and hardly slept. I was starting to get concerned about her so my mom suggested that I call the pediatrician. The Ped. office suggested I come in for a visit since it sounded like she had an earache. I guess swallowing is painful and they don't like to be put down to sleep when their ear is hurting. So we hauled back to KC and got in at 4:00 pm. The Nurse Practitioner looked her over and said that everything looked great. She's still in the 75th percentile for weight so there was no concern over her lack of eating. I was beside myself. I mean..I'm was glad she wasn't sick, but I didn't have a clue why she wasn't wanting to eat or sleep. When we got home from the doc's, Addison ate like a champ. She slept awesome that night too. Yesterday, she took a three hour nap in the am and a 2 1/2 hour nap in the pm. We actually had to wake her up because we had a pool party to attend! Both these naps took place in her crib and I just set her down when she was awake and she soothed herself to sleep.

Last night, she woke up only ONCE! And- she has napped in her crib and soothed herself to sleep three times today. Whenever we've tried to rock her like we always have in the past, she's fussed with us until we laid her down. It's like she's saying, "Enough already...PUT me down!"

Don't think I'm bragging about her sleeping habits........NO WAY! I know this is most likely a fluke and will change just when I get comfy with the idea!

Here are some cute pictures of her after a bath:







Check back in the next couple days for pictures of our visit with Alan, Lisa, Angela, Felicia, Katelyn, Hailey, Travis, Elsie, Christian, Tyler, and our KC family- the Wilson's and the MOrgan's.

4 comments:

The Ingrams said...

Her napping sounds awesome!!! I hope that is a sign of good things to come. Brayden still wakes every 2 hours at night.

Wanted to tell you that I have learned that babies sleep worse and refuse to eat when there are changes in their life, so the visit may have just been too much. Brayden has done the same thing off and on over his first year.

You are doing great things with her. She is just too perfect!

Love, Deb

The Rawson Family said...

Beth she is such a cutie!! My girls are going to miss you next year at school! But I dont blame you I would do the same thing and stay home with my baby also!

Melissa Rawson
Hayley & Madison's Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Addison has grown since her first pictures! This is such a neat website; I can't wait to try and create one of my own for baby Edwards.

The Funny Farm said...

Addie is just gorgeous. I have a child in Day Care that I look after who was born a day or so apart from Addie, so I watch him develop and figure she is probably just about at a similar stage. Wish we were there..SO MUCH. love Wendy XXX one day we'll show up on your doorstep.