Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day weekend

Last Thursday, we went to the Children's Peace Pavilion with my friend Dana and her adorable
son, Isaac.









We had a great Mother's Day weekend. I went to a brunch on Saturday with my Sister-in-law, Debbie, and Addison. That afternoon, I got to go shopping for some much needed clothes ALL BY MYSELF. It was awesome. I also got a certificate to a spa that I plan on using very soon.

My mom and dad came up on Saturday evening and hung out with us until Sunday afternoon. We had a blast watching Addison. She's doing this new thing where she sits down on the floor every time she wants to eat something. We think she either got this from watching the dogs (they have to sit before they eat) or from church. In the nursery, the toddlers have to sit before they can eat their animal crackers. Where ever she learned it, it's pretty funny to watch. One morning, I kept feeding her chocolate chips b/c she was so cute just sitting there and saying, "mmm" with her hands up (She doesn't say "more" yet).
Her booster seat was on the floor and she decided to sit and wait for her snack there instead of the floor.


Addie really likes to say "no" when someone tries to stop her from doing something she wants to do (like every toddler, of course). Check out this video we took on Sunday:

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Did you notice how Memaw and Epa are cracking up in the background? That's because they don't have to worry about them anymore...they're all done with temper tantrums. I have to admit, even her "tantrums" are a bit cute right now. Although I'm aware they eventually won't be.

One morning last week, Addison was drinking from her sippy cup and looking at me with her brown eyes and I was so overcome with emotion. I am so privileged to stay home with her. I love my husband so much and appreciate him for supporting us so that I can stay home. It is the best thing I've ever done in my life (besides marrying Mjbh, of course). I don't regret my choice to stay home one moment of the day. It's worth every sacrifice we're making.


Yesterday we went to a water park with my friend Cathy and her son, Malachi. He's one month younger than Addie. They were so cute to watch.










That's all for now. Glad you checked in on us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beth ellen....

that was the sweetest blog ever. addison is so sweet and cute, and just from reading that blog (and knowing you, of course!), i can tell that you are the most amazing mom.

loves ya!
sarah k.