Monday, June 18, 2007

We're not in Kansas Anymore!

STARRING

Toby as the "lion"


Caleb as the "Tin Man"


And Addie Sue as "Dorthy"

*************************************************************************************
We all went to the Carousel in the Park when we visited Mom and Dad in Topeka last week.


My brother-in-law, Ken, had a blast. Can't you tell? lol


Me and Addie Sue. She was pretty serious when the carousel was going. Not a lot of smiling, but she still wanted to ride after it was over. Since grandparents can't pass up a chance to see happy grandkids, she got to ride 3 times!


Playing with tractor at Memaw and Epa's house.

We've had a busy week. There have been some good and some bad moments.
I'll start with the bad and end with the good.

First, Addie came down with a virus on Wednesday that caused her to throw up three times in the middle of the night...after we'd change her sheets and her pjs of course. We felt terrible for her. She had some funky diapers too, but other than that, she was fine the next day.

On Friday, we had a scare. She climbed up on a chair at my friends house and I reminded her to sit. As she was turning around in the chair, she missed her step and fell. I thought we were in the clear b/c she landed flat on her bottom. Sadlyy, she had her tongue sticking out b/c she bit it....HARD. There was so much blood, I didn't know what to do. I saw a big gash in the middle her tongue, but I couldn't get a good look at it. My friend, Dana, is such a life saver. I just about fainted from all the blood, so she managed to take care of me and soothe Addie when I was all pale and sprawled out on the floor. In hindsight, it's kind of funny to think about, but it was horrible at the time. We ended up taking her to the doctor to make sure that she didn't need stitches. The tongue was cut perfectly in a 1/4" line and there were two flaps dangling about...and still the doctor said it would be fine by the end of the weekend. And....she was right. Addie seems to be doing well now, despite having a huge "boo-boo" on her tongue.

ON a better note:

On Father's Day, Mom and Dad came over to visit and we went out for Bar-B-Que. Then, Addie got a chance to run through the sprinkler. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Our Three Girls said...

I hear that the tongue heals extremely quickly! Poor Miss Addie!