Friday, July 25, 2008

ER


We had to take our lovely girl to the ER last night around 8 PM. We were all getting ready to go for a walk when Addie grabbed on to Kaylee's leash without me knowing it.
All I heard was a thump & when I looked up I saw Addie face down on the concrete, still holding on to Kaylee's leash. I guess Kaylee started walking and pulled Addie forward. Luckily, she didn't keep walking and drag her on the ground.
Addie cried hard, instantly & I was soooooooo sad. These things happen so quickly. All she wanted was to be held. We decided to give her some medicine to help with the swelling and she was cooperative with letting us put on ice pack on her head.

We decided to let her watch her favorite movie, Madagascar, and veg. out. It wasn't long before she konked out in my arms. I have to admit, I loved holding her. I don't remember the last time I got to hold her while she was asleep. The next thing I knew, she woke up and started vomiting. Micah quickly mentioned that she might have a concussion. We called Children's Mercy and they said if she vomited again to take her to the ER.
To make a long story short...she ended up vomiting FIVE times before the night was through. The hospital did a cat scan and everything came out normal. They gave us some meds to help her stop puking and we took her home and got her in bed around midnight. She was such a trooper the entire night and she seemed to steal the hearts of many of the workers. She was saying thank you and goodbye to everyone as we left.






Micah slept in her room last night so that he could wake her every two hours and make sure she was okay. He said he slept terrible because "Addie is such a stinker and moves around constantly". He said she talks in her sleep too!!!

We're so glad our baby is okay....................now we just have to pray for a small hospital bill! Anyone know how much Cat scans cost? YIKES!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

i am so thankful that she is ok -- praise the Lord!!! sorry that you all had to go through that.

Fire Hunt said...

That is so sad you made me cry. I was so happy to see that she is ok:)

Our Three Girls said...

I'm so sorry! We are too familiar with hospital bills...and Children's Mercy! Hope Addie feels 100% soon.

Andrea said...

Poor Addie! I am so glad to hear she's doing better. I'm so sorry she had to go through that. We'll be thinking of her, hoping she continues to get better.

amosclarkson said...

Poor little thing! Poor mommy & daddy, too! Very scary. I'm sure I'll have to be laid up in the bed next to Eli the first time he goes to the ER. With a boy I'm bound to go at least once. Hope all is better soon!

Emily said...

Beth, I hope you guys had a positive experience at CMH? Did you go downtown? I am sao glad to hear that everything is ok... I'm sure she did win everyone's hearts. She's so cute! You could call your insurance company and find out how much they cover for scans.

Sarah & Scott said...

beth - that is super scary. maybe i should hope my daughter stays in my belly a little longer...it seems safer in there! :( i am so happy addie is okay...you and micah are such good parents!

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Well, since we've had a trip to the ER ourselves not too long ago, we just had a $50 copay, so it probably says right on your insurance card how much an ER visit is. Thank goodness for insurance because I saw our entire bill & it was in the thousands!!

For seeing you both the next morning, I must say you both looked great & seemed in great spirits. Why must parenthood be so scary!!??

Carrie Fluegge said...

Since I just happened to have some medical bills lying around for CT scans, I looked up the price for you. Between the cat scan and the ER visit, it should be around $3,000 but I'm guessing you'll just pay your deductible. Glad she's okay. I bet it was scary.

the hortons said...

Accidents are bound to happen, and man do they happen all the time in our house. Lucy is a bit clumsy, so I feel that I am constantly saying "We don't abuse her, I promise!". Glad to see Addie's feeling better these days. Hopefully we'll see you both on Thursday!