Monday, July 07, 2008

Family Reunion

We had the first annual Tilbury Reunion last weekend in Chicago where my Aunt Jan & Uncle Bob live. I don't think we've ever all been together in the same city but it's been since my Grammy died ten years ago that I've really seen much of my mom's family. We had all these cousins & their kids that we've never even met. What's amazing to me is just how spread out we are. Just from our family we saw this weekend, we had folks from Florida, Tennessee, Washington DC, Washington (the state), Chicago, Missouri, Kansas, & North Carolina!!! That doesn't include the cousins that live in Australia, Colorado, & Texas! We ended up having a wonderful time and are looking forward to a reunion in 2010.

Meet the Tilbury Clan:


The Tilbury kids from Bendena, Kansas: Kathy, Bob, Sharon (aka: mom), Larry


The Tilbury siblings with their spouses: Dean & Kathy, Bob & Jan, Diane & Larry, Sharon & Earl (my folks)


Proof---that Toby & Addie Sue do get along...sometimes!


Some of us cousins...there are actually 10 in all, so only half of us could come. I can't imagine how crazy it will be someday if we all can all get together. (Karen, Kevin, Joyce, Luke, Me)


The great-grandchildren! Grammy only got to meet Anna out of all the kiddos in this picture! But, certainly, she's fond of them all and enjoys watching them from above.
Ben, Toby, Addie, Caleb, Colby, Anna, & Peyton.


Our folks all volunteered to watch the kids for us so that we could go into Chicago for the day. We had a great time...and got a lot of blisters!!!


The view of Michigan Lake from the Hancock Tower


Micah...showing off his Caucasian buns


Karen, me, Ken, & Joyce eating Rainbow Cones---very delicious!


Micah and me on top of the Hancock building


A cool piece of artwork. It's a huge bean that allows you to see the city skyline!!


Addie with Memaw and Epa reading books before bed. She was such a trooper. She didn't get to bed until 10:00 many nights but she did great at getting to sleep and taking her naps anyway!


Most of us at a pub in Naperville, IL. I'm excited to see everyone again next time!

3 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

That sounds like a very fun family reunion! We hardly ever get to see my dad's side of the family so your post is making me wish we had a reunion coming up. I hope you are having a great summer!

Fire Hunt said...

That sounds like a fun reunion. I have a good photo on my bolg you need to go see.

Anonymous said...

Sorry couldn't make it. maybe in 2010.