Sunday, June 22, 2008

This one's for DADDY!

Micah is in Ohio for a conference and has been gone the entire weekend. We've kept busy with Memaw and Epa but we still missed daddy!


Here she is before church this morning. Just as expected, the piggy tails were out when we picked her up in the nursery afterwards.


Addie decided to write on mommy and herself this evening in the bathtub.

I think I know why they call this phase "the terrible twos". Addie has been doing everything exactly opposite of what I ask. If I ask her to hand me her cup, she throws it. If I ask her to stay in our yard, she runs onto the neighbor's porch. It's been quite a challenge trying to be stern with her and let her know that it's not a game to disobey mommy. Meanwhile, she is laughing the entire time!!! Ugh!!!

She's also saying some of the cutest things....
Last week, in the car, we had a conversation that went like this:

A: Mommy, I hurt my pants.
Me: You hurt your pants? Or your pants hurt you?
A: Yes.
Me: Where does it hurt?
A: My belly button.
Me: (thinking that she is probably about ready to out grow her 18 M skirt) Can you unbutton your pants?
A: I can't!!!
M: (coaching her through it.)
A: That's better!

I later learned that she didn't unbutton her pants at all, but that the snap was chaffing up against her tummy. What a funny conversation!

She'll also tell me that someone who's sad in a book, or movie, "needs a binkie" or "Her needs her mommy."


Noah, Kaden, & Addie at the zoo. We get together every Tuesday with several other friends. This is the best shot we could get on this playdate.

These pics are from a couple weekends ago:




Me, Micah, & Addie riding the train in T-town.


Addie riding the carousel. Memaw is riding the horse beside her.


Addie and Epa went for another ride on the train!

4 comments:

Fire Hunt said...

She is getting so big! I hate to tell yuo that 3 is a lot worse then two:)

amosclarkson said...

That conversation is too funny! I don't look forward to those "terrible 2's" either and can already foresee the issues of trying to be stern but having them laugh at you. Eli already laughs at me if I say "no" or "ouch" to him (if he is pulling my hair or biting me while nursing :0) so we're in for some trouble I think :)

Sarah & Scott said...

i love her pigtails in the first picture. so cute! i can't give you any advice re: the 2's....you'll have to give the advice to me in a couple of years! :)

love you!
sarah

Our Three Girls said...

What a smartie she is! We miss seeing you once a month. Still haven't found that baby you left at our house!