Sunday, September 21, 2008

Home Improvement


Things have been busy lately since I've started back to work. I've been trying to establish contact with all my families in my caseload and I'm trying to work 1 1/2 days instead of 2. We're only putting Addie in childcare on Wednesdays now---which makes me so happy. It will cost less and I'm trying to make better use of my time this year.



Mom came up last week so that she could help me repaint my cabinets. I wish I could say it is done, but I'm not even close. It's a very long process and the house is in chaos. Cooking is not even an option as long as I have not countertops/tables.

Our plan is to put our house on the market in the spring, so I'm trying to get the ball rolling. I repainted the cabinets white and replaced the hardware- something I'd been wanting to do for a long time but didn't have the motivation to do it. I plan on repainting the walls in a more neutral color this winter too, but it was way too much for me to handle at this time.



I'll post before and after pictures when I'm done. I hope I NEVER have to paint cabinets again in my lifetime. The next house we buy better be move in ready. I'm so sick of home improvement projects!!!

Anyway,
Addie and I went to my folk's last weekend and surprised them with a homemade Grandparents day gift. My folks took a picture of us. Addie placed the stones in the cement and we stamped a message to Memaw and Epa on it.



Addie walking walking with her grandparents this morning @ the Legends shopping center.


Taking time to smell the roses...



That's all folks!!!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Fire Hunt said...

I am sick of home improvement projects also but we are not done.

Sarah & Scott said...

love all the pics of addie. how old is she now? she is such a big girl! wow! i love the pic of you two with the stone you made for your folks!

the hortons said...

We are in the middle of a huge home reno too! In the end it is all worth it. I can't wait to see what the cabinets look like when you're done!