Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Oh my...life is crazy...;and wonderful!



**** I'm trying to get used to the new Blogger format, it does what it wants to with the way it places pictures, etc. Sorry for the funky layout!****

Our Fourth of July was great! Ruthann came out to meet baby Lily and she spent some time with us. Our neighborhood lit up all over the place and it was spectacular. We went to Legacy Park for a show earlier that weekend with the Brown family too.
Supavan and Me

Sisters
The Hunt family
In an attempt to get Eliza to crawl, Micah and Addie put all her toys in a circle around her:

Eliza is a crawling MANIAC now! She's into everything and pulling up everywhere! Addie Sue was walking at this point, but this feels more stressful because now there are small toys all over the place that I have to look out for. Addie has been doing a great job of taking away toys that she thinks might be too small, but it's still a full time job!




Eliza had her 9 month check up. She was 19 lbs & 14 oz and 26 1/2 inches long. She's healthy and much happier now that she can move on her own. For a while, I thought I might go crazy b/c she would cry everytime I went into another room. Now, she can just follow me!






My mom's siblings had a reunion and we had a chance to go up to St. Jo to see them. My Aunt Diane and Uncle Larry were up from FL, my Aunt Jan and Uncle Bob were in from CO, and Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dean from St. Jo They all got to meet Eliza for the first time. We went to a couple museums and Addie had fun dressing up with Sara, my cousin's daughter.


Trying on hats
Pioneer girl
We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary.

Addie and her cousins:

We had Rowan come over for a sleepover one weeknight before she left to go home to CA. The girls were so cute! They watched a movie, caught Junebugs, read books by flashlight, and slept all night in this tent!



Addie loves spending time with Sydney too!











Another Addieism:
Addie cracks me up daily with her sweet and silly conversation starters. We had one last week that just about made my heart MELT! She asked me if I was sad that she was growing up. I told her that it was a bit sad b/c it means she won't need me as much and won't want hugs and kisses as much. I can't keep her my baby forever. She said, with much enthusiasm, "I know Mom! When I am grown up, we can meet each other for lunch! How about Chick-fil-A?" Talking about her growing up brought tears to my eyes, but they were gone quickly with this sweet suggestion! I'm planning on holding her accountable! It was her idea after all! :)


Addie continues to make Eliza laugh and they have so much fun together. Their favorite spot, right now, is behind the couch. They love to "play" together back there.
Sisters love to wrestle too!
It's evident that Addie has so much personality, but little Eliza is really showing some personality too! In the words of my sister in law, "She's a HOOT!" She's quite vocal....shows so much excitement (esp about food), moves constantly (even standing up in tub), loves music (dances too), gives the best kisses and shows immense joy in seeing you every time you come and get her out of her crib. She entertains herself well and loves to hear herself talk. It's adorable to hear her after she wakes up. She rambles on and on!



Eliza crawled off during a diaper change yesterday, and I couldn't resist taking a picture!

No comments: