Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hair today...Gone tomorrow!

I cut my hair off last week and was able to donate 12 inches to Locks of Love. I don't feel sad to see my hair gone in the slightest bit. I think Micah does though....
The girls are just as cute as they can be! Eliza's hair is now long enough to put into a ponytail!

She's still a fabulous FIT THROWER too! She is starting to say two word sentences and imitates everything she sees. She loves to try and get her clothes on, but it's really hard for her, so that usually ends in a fit as well.

We went on a walk after church one morning and enjoyed ourselves for about 7 minutes. Then E was fussy and A was complaining that her legs were tired and she was STARVING. Micah did manage to get some cute pics of the girls walking ahead of us...which I love!

Addie is a great big sister. For the most part, she's very patient with Eliza. Little E has starting hitting when she's mad, but A doesn't usually hit back. One time she did, however, and E screamed like a Banshee!  I told Addie that we have to tell Eliza how to act "Be gentle...give hugs"...not hit back. That night, in her prayer, she said, "And God, when I hit my sister, please don't have her cry." It was too funny!

Addie is really good about keeping small things out of the way so E doesn't eat them and she shares so well. This morning Eliza hit her head, and while I held her and tried to comfort her, Addie went and got a sippy cup from the cabinet, filled it up with cold water, and brought it to her!

We went to the Kite Festival in Lee's Summit last weekend. I just love going. It reminds me of what families probably did for fun before TV, the Wii, etc. It feels good to just sit back and watch kites float in the sky. My folks were with us and we met up with Supavan, Kevin, and Kalani.

Addie had a soccer game beforehand, so she is sporting the athletic look while she flew her kite!

Eliza flew a kite too:

Finally, here's a pick of Addie with her Soccer team. They are so funny! Each of the kids have such different personalities! Addie is enjoying it more, although she's still a bit timid about getting in the middle of the action. I guess it's confusing for a child to be told to be kind to others her whole life and then as soon as she starts playing soccer, her parents yell, "Get in there and take the ball! Kick it away! Block his shot!" You catch my drift? She's also afraid of getting knocked down. But, last week, she got up every time she fell which I'm very proud of her for doing. I don't know that soccer is her thing, but I'm glad she's getting some exposure to it.








1 comment:

GiGi said...

I love your hair cut, and E's ponytail is really cute. She's probably happy that it isn't in her eyes anymore!