Friday, April 01, 2011

Soccer Star...

 Ok...not quite. But maybe someday...

Addie had her first soccer game last week. She did great...at first. She scored two goals, however, one of them didn't count because she tapped it in with her hand). She was quick on her feet and smiling the whole time. Until- she got knocked down. Then, she pretty much pouted the entire game and cried saying that she just liked practice. She didn't like to play in games. We even tried bribing her with McDonald's and she still held her ground.




I wouldn't let her sit down with us, so here she is hiding behind me instead of playing. Her coach kept asking if she was okay. He only has boys- so he must not be familiar with girls and their ways.
 With about three minutes left in the game, she finally agreed to give it another try. She was timid, however, and barely touched the ball. Let's hope things go better tomorrow! We still took her to McDonalds b/c that was better than sulking until the end.

Eliza is as funny as ever. She's such a good dancer and loves to climb. She's starting to get all skinny on me too! :( She says so many words. I think I've counted up to about 40. She imitates a lot also! Whatever Addie does, Eliza does too! I still love to see her run around in her diaper. I just love her little baby body! So cute!


 I finally finished redecorating the bathroom. It's not anything amazing, but much more functional. It all started with a $5 gallon of paint in an Oops cart at HD. I thought semi-gloss paint would be so much better in that bathroom than the flat paint that was in there. The people before us painted all over the ceiling too. It looked horrible!

Unfortunately, one thing always leads to another. I had to paint the ceiling. Prime the walls. Paint the walls. Then I decided to paint the cabinets b/c the finish was wearing off. So, I had to sand, prime and paint those. Finally, I had to get a new light b/c the previous ones were rusting and outdated. It wasn't easy, of course, b/c the hole in the wall wasn't centered. I had to fill the original hole and center the wires above the mirror.

Finally, I mitered trim and glued it on the mirror to dress it up a bit.

Before pics:






 After: (We still have to replace the floor...there's carpet in there right now. Weird, I know!)





No bad for less than $100, eh?

Someday we'll have this house fixed up just the way we like it. And then, it will probably be about time to sell it and move into something smaller. It just takes so much time and money to decorate! Who has enough of that?

Anyway, I'm ready for some springtime weather. The snow is ridiculous. Micah and I are planning to run in the warrior dash in July...so I have some serious "training" to do. I'm a bit more nervous for this than I was for my half-marathon in the fall and it's only a 5K. I'm thrilled to be able to run again without pain, so I don't really feel the need to throw in a bunch of obstacles (ex. fire, swamps, rusted old cars). I do think it will be fun though! 

Until next time...

5 comments:

Mindy B said...

I loved it! I would like to think that I helped inspire you to write again. You are such a cool lady, and I love reading your blog. It's like I can hear your voice when I read it. :)

Carrie said...

Your bathroom looks fab! The mirror is my favorite part of the update- I'm impressed!!!

Party of Five said...

Hi Beth! I love your bathroom! And I'm so excited that you're doing the Warrior Dash... I am too! I'm trying to get my mother-in-law, sis-in-law, & bro-in-law to do it too. What time do you start?

Carrie Fluegge said...

Nice job on the bathroom. I've been spoiled having a contractor for a husband and I love not having to do the work myself anymore. But I'm impressed with what what a good job you did!

Carrie Fluegge said...

ok, I didn't realize you had to approve the comments and wondered where they were going. ha ha. So now you have 2 from me that say basically the same thing.