Monday, June 18, 2012

Rock Around the Clock

Addie was in her first dance recital on June 3rd. She performed a tap dance routine to "Rock Around the Clock". 
 It was fun to watch her. All the little kiddos are a delight to watch, but watching your own kid is a joy in itself. Addie LOVES dancing.
 Before performing, Addie and her friends posed backstage.


We are still waiting to get pictures from the photographer. They didn't seem very organized so I'll be surprised if we ever get them.  I must say that the recital itself was a bit painful to watch. Addie performed second in the program, so it was a bit long for us all (esp. poor Grady). I wasn't all that impressed with the big girls who danced either. I'm trying to not be critical, but they were not sharp or together at all. I expected performances to be more polished. I'm suddenly thinking of all the dance recitals I was in and wondering how it was for my parents to watch the entire 2 to 3 hour gig. YIKES! At least Addie had fun and she really shined!!!






No comments: