Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Trip to North Carolina


Addison and I just returned from visiting my sister and her family in North Carolina. We had so much fun! She has two adorable boys, Caleb and Toby. Toby isn't even two months old but he's already the same size as Addie!!!
Addie hit alot of milestones while we were there. She's on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. She's also getting into a sitting position on her own. I don't think it will be too long before she'll be crawling...she's very determined.

Here's a picture of Addison (6 months) and Toby (8 weeks):



Caleb ( 3 years) and Addison

Joyce and "Toby Toa"

Me (beth) and Addison

Here I am holding Toby. I asked Joyce to take a picture to prove that I am good with babies...just not my own. I could get Toby to sleep fairly easy since he is such an easy going guy. His fussing is heavenly compared to Addie's colicky nights. I guess I can't say that I didn't learn a lot from having a fussy baby.


Here's the birthday boy Caleb- who just turned three (a.k.a. "Spiderman")


Addie really enjoyed looking at the aquarium in the Discovery Museum we went to on Saturday.


Here's our big girl whose got places to go...she's growing up so fast!





Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

My mom made both Toby and Addie these outfits so we took pictures of them on the couch.


Of course, our trip wasn't all fun and games. On the way home from the museum, the kids had a meltdown in the car. Here's a taste of what Ken, Joyce, and I went through:


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


I'm still having sleeping issues, but it seems like the past two nights have been better. I've given it to God and am certain it will all work out. I'd still appreciate your prayers that I will continue to sleep more each night.
Hope you enjoyed the hightlights of our trip!

3 comments:

Sutton Family said...

Oh my gosh. I love the meltdown video. I totally know what that is like. It sounds like you had a great time. Glad you made it back safely.

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Glad you had a good trip! The car meltdown is pretty funny. The same thing happened to Jackie & I with Maddie & Sydney last Saturday night. She drove while I forced binkies in their faces.

Addison is such an over achiever-get those baby gates ready! On your marks, get set, go!

The Funny Farm said...

I say go for a diet change, and see what happens. http://www.hon.ch/News/HSN/528966.html has a good article about diets for colicky babies. That meltdown... we know exactly what thats like. I had to laugh.