Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nursing Strike!

I'm very sad right now. Addie has refused to nurse all day! I don't know why but I'm starting to speculate that I've made the mistake of reacting strongly when she bit me once and now she doesn't want anything to do with me. I don't really know how to take this. My goal was to nurse her for a year, but I was willing to nurse longer if it was going well...now I don't even think we'll make it to eleven months! She acts as if she wants to nurse, but when I pull her on my lap, she bites and then cries and wriggles away. It's hard not to get stressed out about the whole thing. Addie hasn't ever had formula, so I can't see her wanted to try it now, but it's too early to give her cow's milk. I'm trying not to feel like she's rejecting me either. I really loved nursing her and I don't think I'm ready to quit!

3 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

Hiya Beth, try not to stress. Could be your baby girl is growing up. Why can't she have goats or cow's milk? A lot of the new stuff out says from 9 months.. water it down. Does she eat yoghurt? Its made from cows milk. When Addie is ready she will wean herself. She might just be testing you to see what the boundaries are! We are praying for you.

Justin Whitmire said...

I am sorry to hear about the nursing strike. I also enjoy nursing and would be upset if I were you. I really hope that things get better. On a brighter note, I am so glad that we can stay updated on your family and watch Addie grow - she is adorable! I can't believe how quickly they change and grow up!

Sutton Family said...

My prayers will be with you. I know how much I enjoy nursing. I feel very blessed I've been able to do it for this long (8 months). Don't feel bad for being stern with her. She has to know that she can't do that and it hurts mommy:) I hope the strike doesn't last long but just know that she is a healthy happy baby because you were able to provide for her and you created that special bond that no one else can have.