Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sick Baby...



Addison has been sick this past week and I think I'm going to have to take her to the doctor on Monday. She has a terrible cough and a small rattle in her chest when she breathes. She still seems to be sleeping fine, but is unbearably fussy during the day and especially before bed.

We don't have many pictures to show you because she is so sad in every shot we've taken. Nevertheless, she is still moving and shaking as long as she's got some medicine in her system.

She's also doing some signing now, which is so delightful to see. So far, she's signed: "milk", "all gone", and I think she's doing "more" in her own way (she's clapping instead of touching the tips of her fingers together). We're being very diligent in signing because we want to escape some nasty fits she might want to throw in the future. I REALLY want to avoid as many tantrums as possible.

Also- Addison's two bottom teeth are almost completely in. I haven't had a chance to get a good picture of them yet because she either a) has a binkie in her mouth or b) is too fussy to cooperate.

Here are some pictures we did manage to take of her this past week...



Addie and Lucas sharing



We installed a tiny little flat screen TV in our kitchen after Christmas and Addison is zoning out while I was cooking/cleaning.




Addison has been doing this a lot lately. She likes to look through her legs. It's pretty cute. It's actually the "downward dog" position we do in yoga. Looks like all the prenatal yoga I did really paid off! :)

Here's a video of Addie playing with her new toys she got at Christmas:

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

3 comments:

Joyce & Ken said...

two things: 1)I hope Caleb is not responsible for her being sick...2)she is wearing the shirt we got her! where's the pants? Just kidding!

xoxojoyce

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Hope she's feeling better soon! I think Syd does the same "more" sign. Its more like a single clap than the finger trouching thing. Hey, as long as you understand eachother, I'd count that as communication & progress!

The Funny Farm said...

Poor baby, I hope she's feeling better soon. Reilly has the same sort of bug I think too. Your sign language must be way different to ours... as the sign for 'more' here goes nowhere near your mouth!!! How funny.