Friday, January 12, 2007

Our Busy Baby is Baaack!


Addison is feeling much better since we went to the doctor on Monday. I turns out she developed a sinus infection from a cold/cough she had the previous week. She's on an antibiotic and back to her busy self.


I finally got a picture of her two new teeth.


The dog whisperer
Here's Addie "walking" Lucas around the house after we returned from an outdoor walk. He wasn't too thrilled, but he played along anyway.


She's been obsessed with anything that swings (ex. cabinets and doors). She is especially pleased when she gets the door completely closed.


She's twirling the computer chair here. She also likes to sit in it while I twirl her.


I let Addison have her food in a bowl this week. She picked it up and scooped her food into her mouth straight from the bowl!


Bathtime is still her favorite time of the day. She is so happy once she hears the water running. We have no idea how to do her hair, so we're experimenting. What do you think of the "wild child" look?




After her bath, Addie gets to run around her bedroom and have "naked time". She's hilarious...going a hundred miles an hour. Even though she's got a lot to do before bedtime, she managed to give me some love (probably since I was in her way). She lays down on you as if she's just resting but doesn't stay long, of course.


This week, our sweetie pie did something really cool. Right before her morning nap, I asked her to get me a book (in sign
lang.) and she ran to the bookshelf and brought a book to me. I was so amazed, I called Micah at work. At bedtime, I asked her to get a book and she ran and got one and brought to me again! Micah saw it with his own eyes too! It's such a testament that babies really do understand more than we know.

Then we tried to get it on video, and she didn't quite perform as expected...but she is still adorable to watch.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

3 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

That 'book' video is hysterical. They never perform when you want them too. Have you tried signing without saying the word? We say the word as well with Reilly, but he responds just to the action. We can just sign and he will understand without words, but usually we say the word in the hope one day he'll learn what the word means!

Micah and Beth said...

You know, we haven't ever tried to just sign without saying the word. I guess it's because she a)never looks at us without hearing our voice or b) we're hoping she'll learn to say the word and know what it means too! It's truly amazing to see Reilly in action. All of your hard work is really showing!

Anonymous said...

beth...i'm glad that addison is feeling better. she is such a cutie! love, sarah