Tuesday, August 21, 2007

18 Month Check-UP



We took Addie to the doctor's today for her check up. Can you believe she's already 18 mos? She's clearly taking after her daddy's looks...she's long and lean.
Stats:
Weight: 20 lbs, 11 oz. (10 %tile)
Height: 31 1/2 inches (70 %tile)
Head: 46.5 cm (65 %tile)
Shoe size: 5
Clothing: 12 mos/18 mos

She got some shots, which she was very unhappy about, but she got over them very quickly. Dr. Williams did seem concerned that she still isn't drinking milk, so I asked her if it would be a bad thing if we went on strike as far as water is concerned and only offered her milk until she drinks it. She didn't think that was such a bad idea this time. Earlier when I suggested doing that (@ 15 mos) she said it might be best to offer her milk first but not force it on her. I don't think she thought we'd be dealing with this problem still. I told her I was still nursing her once in the morning and she said that there is a ton of calcium in breast milk, so that's a good thing. I KNOW, some of you probably think I'm crazy that I'm still nursing, but I like it. It's the sweetest thing to see her sign and say "milk". Plus, it's the only time I'm able to hold her and look into her sweet little brown eyes for more that a second.

ON a positive note (I must brag---sorry), the doctor said Addie is way ahead of what most 18 month old toddlers are doing. She was impressed that she is so coordinated and is jumping already. She just started getting air this weekend. She's also got plenty of words in her vocab and signs like a crazy kid!!! We are very proud of her, sorry to have to brag about it to you...but you know how first time parents are!!!

I've started meetings for my new job. My dad is coming up tomorrow to watch Addie and my mom is coming up Friday to watch her. Right now, my meetings are kind of inconsistent. But come September, Mom's Day Out will start up and we'll have a better idea of where she's going and when.

1 comment:

Our Three Girls said...

Beth,

Let me know what I can do to help with your schedule. I am home three half days and one full day during the week so Addie can come play if you need her to. We are in Blue Springs obviously...so it may be convenient with your meetings.

Sounds like you have a smartie on your hands!