Monday, August 06, 2007

30 Big Ones...



I turned 30 last Sunday...I'm really not all that fond of hitting middle-age, but I guess I'll have to get used to it. We didn't really do a whole lot. I did not want to organize or clean in order for us to have a shindig...so my parents watched Addie so that we could go on a date. We saw the Harry Potter movie and picked up the last book. We've both read it since then....it is really good. I'm kind of sad that I can't read more of it. Anyway, I'm digressing.

My mom made me a lemon cake. It was scrumptious and I ate 3/4 of it all by myself this past week. I think I've gained 5 pounds from it. I have no self control.



Micah and I wanted to make sure each of us got a good sample of the yummy whipped icing.




Lucas and Kaylee didn't get any cake, but they definitely get their share of food from Addie on other occasions. I have to include them in this photo montage b/c they're very sweet and so well-behaved and I don't mention them as much as I should.



And here's our little miss. As busy as ever. She sings ABCs, Twinkle Little Star, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. Okay, so she really makes up her own sounds, but her tune isn't too different from the real one! She's also putting on her own shoes now, although they aren't always on the right feet.




Addie and Mommy before we went shopping.

We're still looking for someone to watch Addie Sue one to two days a week. I'm trying not to be too uptight about it, but I don't think there is anything wrong with being picky....you can't take chances with precious lives. I want the best place that we can afford. We're leaning toward a Mom's Day out program in Blue Springs so that she can interact with other toddlers her age. The only bad thing is that she won't have a quiet and long nap on the day she's there. We'll keep looking until I feel I've looked all I can.

I'll try and get some video up of her. We have so many, but I'm having trouble getting dropshots to work right. That's all the OLDER, and hopefully WISER, 30 year old has to say for now.

5 comments:

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! 30 is then new 20, so you're not middle aged until you're 45 these days! Besides, I'd still card you for a drink!

the hortons said...

Happy Birthday Beth! You still look like a teenager, so no worries there! Your cake looked good too. Does your Mom take orders? I love Addie's pigtails. She is precious.

The Rawson Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE! I LOVE LOOKING AT YOUR PICTURES AND HEARING ABOUT THE FUN THINGS YOU ALL DO! YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN I AM ABOUT UPDATING YOUR BLOG!

Micah and Beth said...

It helps to not have three other kiddos running around. I'm overwhelmed with just A, I can't imagine having more to attend to!

Sutton Family said...

Happy Birthday Beth Ellen. You look fantastic. Addie is so cute and SMART. Good luck finding a sitter for those two days.