Monday, February 25, 2008

2 Year Check up

"I let my mommy curl my hair!!!"



We went to the doctor on Friday. Here are her stats:
Weight: 25 lbs..........25 %tile
Height: 33 in............75%tile
Shoe size: 5 1/2 or 6
Clothing: 18 mos & 2T (depends)

She really impressed the doctor b/c she labeled every color she saw. "Purple dress", "yellow shirt", "blue whale", etc. Dr. Williams asked Addie if she had any puppies in her ear and she checked them to see and Addie wanted her to check her dolly's ears too! "Roar! Lion in there. Dolly's ear!" It was really cute. When Dr. Williams felt Addie's tummy (for a hernia?), Addie told her there was an elephant in her tummy. We both cracked up. Her creative play is starting to show and it's a beautiful thing!

She got her Hep. A shot and we were out of there. She was not happy with the nurse and kept saying, "ouch, hurt, leg" as we left the room. When she saw the nurse before we left, she cried out, "hurt" as she pointed to the nurse in the doorway. I think she just about brought tears to the nurse's eye. But maybe not...she's probably used to getting mean stares from the toddlers that she inflicts with a needle.

I took her to Target and got her a little ELMO backpack from the $1 section...and everything was fine.


This week has been a bit strange. A has been struggling with a virus (along with the rest of the nation). Some days she is fine (99 degrees), other days she might have a temp. (103 degrees). I think she broke out in the chills today and it was a bit scary. I gave her some meds and put her down for her nap. I hope she wakes up happy. I really don't want to cancel my personal visits tomorrow (PAT). It's nearly impossible to get them all rescheduled and made up the following week.

Addie washing & eating her play food.

Some Addieisms to share:
  • carries blankets/towels between her legs and says, "Look! I have a tail!"
  • Calls daddy's lunch bag his "purse"....."Daddy's purse!"
  • About three weeks ago, I told Addie that I was not going to come and help her find her binkie in the middle of the night...she sometimes makes a habit of calling out for mommy when she can't find it. I explained that she should just feel around for it and put it back in her mouth and I would not help her anymore. She did great for about 3 nights.....then we heard her call out, "Daddy! Daddy! Ginkie daddy!" I think it's hilarious! It's nice to hear her call for him and not me all the time. Besides it works too! Micah gets up and gives it to her b/c he can't sleep with her calling him. :)
  • A few funny phrases we've heard the last couple weeks, "oh Dang!", "Wow! Cool!", "uh oh, Happen?", "mmm, tasty!", We say..."Sharkbait", she says, "ooo, ha ha!" (from her fav. movie...Nemo)
Addie loves to swaddle her babies and read to them. That's exactly what she enjoyed as a baby too!


Happy Addie


Sad Addie...in a matter of seconds!

7 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

Addie sounds like she is an absolute riot! I love the Binky/Daddy story. She's so smart to figure out that if she can't call Mummy, she can call Daddy!

Fire Hunt said...

It is so fun when they can figure out how to get things doen. Hope to see more soon.

Fire Hunt said...

I did not see the happy sad pictures, that is just like Tylar and Christian was at 2. You have to love it.

Sarah & Scott said...

wow. what a smart cookie! you can really tell her mom and dad have spent a lot of quality time with her, playing and teaching!

love,
sarah

Russ & Emily said...

Beth,
I love reading your blog! Addie is very cute! I was at coffee today with Kelly M and she mentioned something about you. It got me thinking we need to do something. Please call or email me sometime. I miss you guys! Emily

Unknown said...

Your blog was the highlight of my day! She is just so precious, smart, and entertaining! How can you not help but love her... Hope she is feeling 100% soon!

The Ingrams said...

I don't know if I have you new email Beth so I will send you this through you blog.

kat336@hotmail.com