Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tea in Topeka


We're in Topeka (my hometown) this weekend b/c I met up with a friend of mine for a playdate. We had such a great time catching up while our kids played at the mall.....I didn't get any pictures of the kids though!!! (I hope you did Tracy)


Memaw and Epa had the day off on Friday, so we went to the Kansas Historical Museum to play. We played outside for while, then went inside were she served us tea and plastic fruit.


There was an old prairie doll house that Addie pretended with for a split second before running off to do something else. I took this picture right as she said, "kiss" & pressed the two dolls faces into each other. I think that's hiliarious b/c I remember doing the same thing with my dolls!



Addie got to give the Easter Bunny five and he gave her a sucker! We didn't even ask if she wanted to get on his lap...that would have pushed her over the edge and we would have seen tears galore.


Anyway...we've had a great stay, but we do miss Daddy. We'll see you tomorrow, Micah!


5 comments:

Sarah & Scott said...

beth ellen...

sounds like a fun trip! i really like the picture with addie's tongue sticking out on her upper lip - she is really concentrating on pouring that tea! :)

love,
sarah

Fire Hunt said...

Lookes like you had a good time. We have not done the bunny thing but we need to. Hope to see more on your blog soon. It is a lot of fun to see Addie grow up. Love the Hunt family.

The Funny Farm said...

I think its hilarious that you have an Easter Bunny in a mall!! how funny. I guess we don't celebrate quite the same, although I'd like to meet a real live Easter Bunny. Addie is just adorable. Wish we were there.

Our Three Girls said...

Fun! Fun! Tessa is a huge Little House on the Prairie fan so I bet she would love the Kansas Historical Museum!

Unknown said...

So glad your trip was fun! Miss you!