Friday, April 25, 2008

NYC

I just got back from visiting my friend Jenny in New York City! Seven girls from college/work went up to visit her before she ties the knot in June. It was so much fun!!! I can't believe how BIG & BUSY New York City is! We managed to squeeze a whole lot in...in such a short weekend!

On top of Jenny's apartment building
Amanda, Cory, Christine, Jenny, Beth, Nikki, Carrie, Kelly

Here's some of my favorite things we did:

Broadway show---"Spring Awakening"
Restaurants-Carmine's, Serendipity, etc.

Top of the Rock "Rockefeller Plaza"
Central Park
Statue of Liberty (drive by) on Statten Ferry

Beauty Bar
Today show...seeing Alicia Keys & Kathy Lee Gifford

The best part was that we all managed to get along great and still enjoy each other even though we all squeezed into a tiny studio apartment. Jenny was a gracious hostess & luckily many of the women had been there before, so it was all very well planned. I'm so grateful that Micah was willing to let me go and took very good care of Addie while I was away.

Although I had a wonderful time...I will not be gone from Addie that long again if I can help it. I missed her so much that I cried every time I called home. I missed Micah too, but he doesn't change as quickly as she does. I swear she's talking so much better than she was when I left. I think she and her daddy bonded while I was gone so it was probably a good thing for all of us.

7 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

I think Mums always have it harder when separated than the kids do!! Addie would have had a blast with Micah. And you can look back and tell Addie this weekend story when she is older.

Fire Hunt said...

I love NY. I have been there one time and had a good time. I also now how hard it is to be with out your kids.

Sarah & Scott said...

beth - that sounds like fun. and even though, it sounds like it was really sad being away from addie, i bet it was a great mini-vacation for you!

love you!
sarah

Our Three Girls said...

Looks so fun, Beth! I would have a hard time leaving the girls, too. Maybe that is why I never go anywhere...

Party of Five said...

Hey, Beth!! Good for you to take a mini vacation for yourself! Ryan & I went to visit my brother in Portland for a week last August & I just got back from a 5-day trip to Scottsdale w/ a friend, both w/out kids. I totally missed them, but knew I deserved that time for myself. I came back SO refreshed & ready to be a good Mommy again! Glad you had such a great time!! Tracy

Carrie Fluegge said...

New York is so fun. It's like finding out that what you see on T.V. really exists. Ben and I are going to Colorado for few days for a wedding and I'm nervous about leaving Georgia for that long. I'll probably cry too.

Sarah & Scott said...

okay, i already left a comment, but i have no other way of getting ahold of you! i don't have a good e-mail address for you and i made our blog private. email me your address @ sarahkoehler@hotmail.com, so i can add you. :(

love you!
sarah