Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


Lucas was being teased by a squirrel in the backyard. The squirrel is on the tree chattering away. Lucas didn't move a muscle for a really long time. Finally, he gave up because I called him to to eat.


Memaw, Addie, Caleb, Toby, & Epa

I haven't blogged in ages b/c we have very slow upload speed and I have no patience. Sorry. Pictures might not be included in this post...depends on how much time I'm willing to give up during posting.

We spent the weekend with my folks and my sister's family. It was really great to see my nephews!!! They are so cute. My sister came in town for a wedding so we got to watch the kids on Saturday night along with my parents.

Addie & Daddy hanging out in the hallway.

Overall, I had a great Mother's Day. It's always nice to be with family and any day with Addie is always entertaining. We went out for brunch on Sunday & went to T-town for a day at the park on Monday.

I've been swamped with work trying to close up my files for the end of the year. I've also been having a difficult time sleeping. I've struggled with insomnia since Addie was 5 mos. old. I'd actually been doing very well until around Easter when it started all over again. I'm very distressed and trying to figure things out. My burning eyes and foggy, muddled thinking is pretty much a normal feeling for me. So...if you see me next and I look like I'm 10 years older and strung out on drugs, now you know why.

Anyway, I'll try not to be so depressing and get to the fun part....Addie Sue.

I truly am so blessed to be her mommy. I know that I have so many things going for me (even if sleeping isn't one of them). I love my job, my family, my neighbors, my dogs. I have many friends who I can trust & enjoy being with.

Miss Addie Sue is quite a character. She talks very well now and has no problem telling you what she wants. She's also doing a little pout thing when she doesn't get her way. She sings songs, dances in circles & loves to swing on her new playground.

Finally, I got pictures to post:

Addie is all dressed up and ready for Mother's day brunch (Addie decided she needed the hat & gloves).


Addie and Toby had fun playing with the water fountains at Memaw's work last Monday.


Addie and Toby with Epa


Addie, Toby & Caleb

2 comments:

Fire Hunt said...

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with some insomnia. Travis deals with that time to time. Good to hear that even with no sleep you had a good mommys day:)I will be looking forward to seeing some photos!

Fire Hunt said...

Ha photos! We love the photos:) Thank you for shareing.