Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Don't Laugh

BUT...I'm now a Mary Kay Consultant. I never thought in a million years I would do this. I sold CUTCO one summer in college and HATED it. However, my neighbor invited me to a facial party and I loved their skin care products. I just so happened to be in the market for needing some...and voila...It was there right before my eyes. I started to think..."Wouldn't it be great if I got to buy Mary Kay 1/2 off & make some money this summer too?" (my PAT job does not continue through the summer). I caved BIG TIME! I now have a huge inventory of Mary Kay products & am hoping to make my "investment" money back & possibly a profit, if things go my way.

SO....if anyone would love to help me out and let me do a "facial" or have a group of girls over for a party...Please give me a ring!!! I just so happen to be swimming in MK products! PS- there's also a skin care line for men too!

Okay, that's the last I will talk about it. I promise I won't be a bother to anyone...just wanted to get that tidbit of info out in case any of my fabulous friends are interested.

On to the pictures...and maybe a video:


Addie got a hold of a bottle of lotion downstairs while I was cooking dinner. This is how we found her.


Addie sticks her tongue out whenever she concentrates. Here she is "washing" dishes at the kitchen sink. She's obsessed lately with pouring and playing with water. I'm thinking she needs a water table.


Addie got into my jewelry box too. Here she is trying to put my toe ring on her wrist like a bracelet. Notice the tongue?

9 comments:

Party of Five said...

Hey! I can't laugh b/c I sell MK too:) I got into it 3 years ago to make some extra money, but never really tried too hard to sell it. I never have parties - don't really care too:) I'm considered a "personal use consultant" so pretty much just use what I buy. I have 3-4 people who buy from me regularly. That pretty much pays for my stuff so I think I break even & that's all I care about now! I LOVE the skin care as well!

Good luck!
Tracy

Fire Hunt said...

You can come have one at my house...HA HA I love the photos:)

the hortons said...

Okay, I was a Mary Kay consultant just a few years back. But do I still count even though I technically never sold anything? I have to say that I am thrilled because now I have someone to buy mascara from (I never figured out how to order anything)! I love the picture of Addie covered in lotion and the tongue thing cracks me up. Kids and their tongues!

beth said...

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in the MK business endeavor. Thanks girls!!!

Curry Favor said...

the tongue thing is way adorable!

love you!
sarah

The Funny Farm said...

Can you do a party in Australia?

Our Three Girls said...

Love the lotion picture! Reminds me of every day life at our house!

Carrie said...

The lotion pic is priceless... Hope you are enjoying your "time off" for the summer months.

We'll see you Friday at Brayden's birthday party!

Tiffany said...

That lotion picture is cute...there are a few like that of me (one is of me covered in MARY KAY face cream. i am sure my mom was thrilled that i found that) as a small child. I keep telling you - Addie and I have so much in common! :) And definatly add me as a friend -- I will do the same as soon as I figure out how.