Monday, November 30, 2009

Eliza's One Month


Eliza Ann at one month...next to 3B (Big Black Bear)

Eliza is a little doll...seems to be happy a lot of the time and her eyes are still HUGE, taking everything in! She still prefers to be held and knows instinctively when she has been laid down.

Nights have been better. She has been sleeping about 3 hour stretches (instead of two). In fact, on Thanksgiving night, she slept from about 10 pm to 4 am. I didn't, however; I was too busy checking on her from about 2am to 4am!




We spent Thanksgiving in Topeka with my folks. My mom made a fantastic meal and we over ate just like most of the American population probably did.


Little Addie Sue in a new play dress!


I tricked Eliza into thinking she was being held. She stayed like this for about an hour.

My church held a Sip N See for Eliza and I. It's a tradition where all the ladies come and drink tea while they get a peek at the newest baby. It was lovely and we felt very special.



These are the wonderful gals who planned the shindig: Tiffany, Kirsten & Romy!


They even had a cake made that matches Eliza's room!


Eliza and her Epa snuggling on the couch


Just like her sister, Eliza loves to have her diaper changed. Sometimes when she's fussy, Micah puts her on the changing table just so that she relaxes for a while.


Discovering her hand


Thanksgiving was a beautiful day. We hung outside with Epa and raked some leaves. Addison got to go for a ride in the wheelbarrow. I loved doing that when I was a kid!


We helped put up Memaw and Epa's tree too! Addie found another use for the angel!


Memaw has the best dress up clothes at her house. We didn't even dress the girl the whole time we were there b/c all she did was change into princess dresses all day!


Addie loves to play with her Little People Nativity Sets.


My sleeping chubby cheeked baby


Look who drinking from a bottle!!!


I kiss this baby all day...can't help it!!!

3 comments:

Sarah & Scott said...

oh my gosh! that last pic of eliza just made me giggle. she is sooooo cute and i just want to smooch those little chubby cheeks! ADORABLE! can't wait to meet her and hold her!

Fire Hunt said...

We have a chubby cheek baby too. that is now for us. Eliza is so cute and she looks so happy in the last photo. I love it:)

Unknown said...

Kiss those baby cheeks all you can! That's my favorite pass time. I should put it on my resume as a hobby. I think my kids might think its more smothering than just kissing, but I LOVE IT too!
(Brenna)