Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Progress

I have more pics from Eliza's first week of life that I forgot to post last week.


Her cord fell off by the 5th day of her life (vs. 2 weeks for Addie). She had a bath pretty early on. Luckily, she seems to like it and it soothes her. The key to a happy bath--- that we didn't know with Addie's first bath--- is the water must be warm enough and washcloths should be used to cover the exposed belly and legs. Binkies help too! :)




Eliza seems to have great head control too! She already holds her head up a majority of the time she's awake.

Here she is lifting her head off ground.


Memaw and Eliza (I didn't get any of my dad or Micah's folks with her- don't know that I was thinking straight that first week!)


Memaw made cookies with Addie while she was visiting the first week after Eliza's birth too. Addie mostly ate the batter.

Memaw also made her this dress-------which she LOVES. She wears it everyday- along with 8 other outfits (I'm seriously ready for the clothing "phase" to be over).

Eliza does not like to be swaddled or placed on her back. But, I did manage to get her to sleep one time....for about 15 minutes like this:


Here's the way she prefers to sleep:



Eliza and 3B ( Big Black Bear) @ two weeks old


Eliza by herself- see what I mean about head control?


Lucas...wishing he could return to the good ol' days, before the kiddos came and messed up his walking routine...



Addie had her first "real" dentist appointment yesterday. It was insane. Why did I think I could handle both kids at an appointment by myself? I thought I'd get an infant to would sleep in her carseat while we got our teeth cleaned... that's why!!! Not a chance!

I ended up having to have the office manager hold her for me while I got my teeth cleaned so that we didn't have to hear her sad, sad cry the entire time.

Addie was perfect. Her teeth were squeaky clean. No cavities! Yeah!



Our niece and her hubby took Addie to the circus on Saturday. Addie had a great time. We took a picture of the Micah and the girls before she left. Addie adores her sister. Can you tell? Eliza doesn't seem to be so sure of her feelings just yet.



Finally, I have to give a should out to Da, who has helped me reclaim so freedom. I went and bought a MOBY wrap and Eliza LOVES it. She konks out as soon as she's situated in it!

3 comments:

Sarah & Scott said...

beth ellen...she is SO cute! if you ever need someone to hold eliza, call us! we are home a lot! we can go to appointments with you or whatever! i can't wait to see her in person.

Fire Hunt said...

My friend made my a wrap for Baylee and we love it. they do help a lot.

Carrie Fluegge said...

You're insane to attempt that dentist visit. I would never be so brave. I'm still fascinated with the Moby. Is it hard to put on and get the baby in it? It looks complicated.