Thursday, November 12, 2009

ALERT!!!


Well... We've survived the first two weeks. Eliza is a sweet baby and generally very calm. The one word EVERYONE consistantly comments about her is that she is "alert". The doctor, my colleagues, neighbors, friends...

I hope that's not a code word for saying she's a "handful"...which she is...literally. Eliza does not like to be put down. She stays awake for HOURS unless she's held. Then, she'll doze off happily. At the suggestion of my friend Da, I'm going out today to get a MOby wrap and see if I find a bit more freedom with baby wearing. Even now, as I'm typing this, I have a baby in my arms. Which is lovely and a pain at the same time (if that makes sense).

We went to the doctor for her two week visit this week (She turned 2 weeks old yesterday). She's 8 lbs, 12 oz and still only 20 inches long. So, she's gained back a few more pounds and gotten a bit chubbier. She loves to nurse and has never turned down the opportunity for more milk. I found out in these past two weeks, that Eliza much rather prefers to sleep on her tummy than on her back. I know it's a rule-breaker, but tell that to the mom who doesn't get more than 15 min. of sleep from her infant at a time. You do what you must...at least with the second child. The first child, I placed on her back everytime and had to deal with a lot more screaming!

Here are some cute pictures we've gotten of the girls these 2 weeks:


Trying to eat her hand.


Too cute


Proud big sister. Addie loves to hold Eliza and give her kisses. She's really great about asking first too.





Addie has her own camera now and she's enjoyed taking some self- portraits.


Eliza Ann hanging out...not sleeping, of course.



Addie's favorite pastimes have been painting her nails, putting on lip gloss, coloring, and doing her hair. I couldn't tell you where half her barrettes and hair ties are b/c they are in and out of her hair 14 times a day! She'd love to get ahold of her sister's hair!

2 comments:

Sarah & Scott said...

awww...eliza sounds a tad like greta as a baby! only sleeping if someone was holding her! also, eliza looks sooo much like you - that is a williams baby for sure! she is so adorable!

Kevin and Supavan said...

Oh, I love Eliza's hair. Big sister has much to work with! To me, alert means very attentive and advanced. I hope she rests and sleeps better for you soon. Tell her her Auntie Sue says to give her mommy and daddy some rest. :) Call if you need me.