Friday, October 30, 2009

Welcome Baby Eliza!


We proudly introduce Eliza Ann Hunt. Born on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 @ 10:47 am. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.


Here's my final belly picture...on my due date. You can see how much she's dropped in this picture.

Micah and I went into the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and said bluntly, "When can we induce?" I was already 3 days over due and was getting uncomfortable, and frankly, sick of hearing about everyone else having their babies (even the ones who were due much after me). Much to our surprise, he said to head to the hospital that night.

So, we went in around 8 pm. They gave me cervadel (sp?) to see if they could ripen up my cervix. Evidently, that tactic failed. By morning, there still wasn't much progress, so they started me on pitocin @ 6:30 am. I thought I was going to be in for a long day, but it turned out that I was eating lunch by 12:30! I progressed very quickly after getting my epidural. In a matter of an hour, I was at a 10 and ready to push. Less than 10 minutes later, our perfectly healthy little girl was born!


Our family the night before Eliza's birth


Already on the move...LOL!




Dr. Mosher & Eliza


Addie getting to meet baby sister. She commented on Eliza's eyebrows and eyelashes. She was very serious and gentle with her.




Recovery was the tough part. At least for me anyway...


Eliza and Daddy




Sweet girl sleeping...


Getting ready to head home from hospital.


Lucas got some good sniffs in when we got home...


Kaylee didn't really notice the baby too much. She was too busy greeting me!

My mom and dad have been staying with us off and on throughout the week as we dealt with new baby, milk engorgement (yikes), diaper changes, etc.

My mother has been a tremendous help with keeping up with the laundry, cooking, cleaning, and caring for baby when we need it. She even managed to make me a few meals to put in the freezer in the next few weeks to make mealtime easier. I'm so blessed to have her.

7 comments:

amosclarkson said...

She's precious! Dr. Mosher delivered Eli, too! Hope you are having a fun time adjusting to mothering 2!!

Dana said...

Beth---she is so beautiful!! Of course, I wouldn't expect anything else. I will call you as soon as I can.
Dana

Sarah & Scott said...

beth ellen...she is soooo beautiful! i can't wait to meet her! i would love to talk sometime about how life with 2 is! maybe greta and i can come by and visit when things calm down!

love,
sarah

Carrie said...

Congrats! What a beautiful baby girl you have! You can breathe a sigh of relief with your pink nursery now!!! :) Can't wait to meet her!

Fire Hunt said...

She is so cute. Congrats

The Rawson Family said...

What a Cute Little girl.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Eliza's cheeks are amazing! Good job, Momma. I know your nights have been tough, praying for some shut-eye. Love you all!