Tuesday, January 10, 2012

38 weeks

I'm about two weeks away from delivering this little boy and I'm full of mixed emotions.

Sure, I'm uncomfortable. Don't want to bore you with the list of all the physical discomforts of this pregnancy. But, I think I'm more uncomfortable with everyone's comments to me about my belly. The comments are all over the board. Seriously,  within one hour I might get a two comments that are so conflicting (these are actual quotes):
  • "Whoa! I don't see how you can get any bigger!"
  • "I was waaaay bigger than you are! You're not very big."
  • "You look miserable!" - actual quote from the store clerk at Dick's
  • "You look great. I was hardly able to walk at this point."
I try to take their comments with a grain of salt, but sometimes, it just gets to me. Why must people say anything regarding my size or my appearance? How about, "I'll be thinking of you." Something thoughtful and encouraging. 


Just venting. I try to remind myself that this is my last pregnancy and I should enjoy every moment. Soon, it will be over and I won't have the joy of feeling a baby stretch in my womb or rub my palm across a cute little bum. I won't be okay with my husband playing with my belly button. And I certainly won't want my children to lift my shirt up and kiss my belly. I just have to learn to shut out comments that irk me in the next two weeks. Maybe I should just stay inside until then.

Anyway-
Here I am...full term.

Feel free to leave a comment...but hopefully, after reading this post, you will refrain from negative comments about my size. Every woman is different..as is every pregnancy and every child. 

Right now, I'm dilated 1 1/2 cm and baby is head down, ready to go. I'll keep you posted!



Side note-- I hosted a Thirty-One open house on Sunday because it's our annual Thermal Tote sale. I'm planning to close it on Wednesday so if you're interested in buying a tote, you still have time. Go to www.mythirtyone.com/bethhunt to order. I'm so close to have a $500 party and would appreciate any extra orders to up my hostess benefits!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Well I for one, think you look absolutely adorable. Perfect in size for a perfect baby boy.

amosclarkson said...

You are too cute, Beth! So close, too! Excited for you and your family....

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your up and coming addtion to your family. Its great to see you are happy and doing well.

Wes Vigneron

Mindy said...

I'm so excited to see pics of this little guy and hear your stories about being a mom to a boy. Hugs to you, Mindy and Bill and the boys.

Heather Varner said...

Glad I`m not the only one getting comments that upset me. I get "you`re not very big" all the time. And "you`re lucky you`re belly is so small". It makes me feel like they are implying I`m not the "right" amount pregnant, if that makes sense. So I have a long torso. My doc says my uterus measures exactly perfect, and at my last sono, the baby measured exactly what she should. So I totally understand sensitivity to comments about size. You know what I went through last time, so I am just thankful to be past the point Emily was born at. But comments do hurt. We`re emotional already! I hope you enjoy your last couple of weeks & good luck with the delivery!

Anonymous said...

I think that you are absolutely beautiful. Enjoy every moment.
Amber Toates (from Clermont)