Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nesting

"Nesting" has always been a bit of a myth to me. It seemed like an old wives tale that people talked about toward the end of pregnancy...preparing for the birth of the baby. I'd never really experienced it anyway. But this past week...I think I might be, well, "nesting". I've cleaned out the car, organized the kitchen pantry & set up as much of the baby room as I can (family will be staying there for quite a while after his birth when they are visiting). I cleaned out the oven, the microwave and the fridge. Cleaned out the girls' closets...and our room- countless times- although you wouldn't know it if you looked at it. I've organized bath toys, organized my cabinet in my bathroom, the laundry room cabinet, and have done countless trips vacuuming up and down stairs (this seems to be an endless task. Perhaps the best improvement I've made is a new "in box" & filing system for all the junk that comes in the house and clutters up the kitchen counter. I now have an "In Box" a "Do Now" bin, and a "Do Later" bin.
 
Everything has a place in this pantry now!


The only thing I should probably tackle is our closet and the basement...but I REALLY don't have any desire to do these tasks without Micah. He should definitely have the joy of organizing those living spaces!!!

My lovely little girls are keeping me busy...as always. Addie Sue is making something all the time. She is constantly leaving out scissors, tape, staplers, etc. (Don't be surprised if a future post is about Eliza cutting her hair). She makes many unique creations, such as, paper purses (with staples), really long measuring devices made from paper and tape, binoculars, cards, necklaces, bracelets. The list goes on and on. She also LOVES my new Dance 3 game on the Wii. Both of them get their little booties shaking and it makes for quite a lovely evening of entertainment. BTW- I love Just Dance 3 and will be participating with 100% effort if this baby doesn't come by next week. It's bound to throw me into labor!


 


Eliza is such a loving, funny  toddler. She is always saying, "I want to hold you." "Give me a kiss". "You okay Mommy?" She blows kisses to complete strangers and melts their hearts with a quick "Have a nice day!" That being said, she's not all Miss Congeniality. She puts on a good show when she doesn't want to do something we tell her to do. Dinner is full of crying and time-out because she doesn't like to sit in her chair. She also insists on wearing shoes around the house, which her daddy cannot tolerate. This often leads to tears. But- overall, she's a joy & I pray she transitions to Miss Middle with grace. I can't imagine her not loving this baby to pieces, but I just want her to feel loved and not pushed off to the side.

 Eliza played with snow INSIDE!


Addie played with the snow OUTSIDE!

Lucas plays whenever and with whoever gives him attention- poor boy.

The doctor said he'd induce me this Friday...not because there is any medical reason. Don't really know why...I guess because I asked him if he'd consider inducing me at some point. He said that I'm 2 cm and a great candidate for induction and put me on the books for this Friday am. He told me that when I go in for my appointment on Wednesday, I could let him know if I still want to go on Friday. After talking it over with Micah, I think we're going to wait until my due date, Jan. 27th (next friday). It doesn't seem right to evict the little guy before 40 weeks. I have a few last minute details to take care of with Thirty-One. Plus---I'm painfully aware that, as my mom says, this baby is a lot easier to take care of now than he will be when he's out of the womb. 

No comments: