Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Addie Sue!

Addie Sue turned 6 last Friday. She celebrated at school, then later that night at home, and finally on Saturday with her friends. We had her party at Build a Bear Workshop.
 Brody, Eliza, Sydney, Addie, Cadence, Abby, and Kaden

Each of the kids got to pick an animal...

















 Put in their hearts...
















Stuff them....









Fluff them...
and finally, dress them.


Afterward, we went to the food court for cake and ice cream. My mom made a fantastic Jasmine cake. Addie really wanted to have a Jasmine party, but with a newborn, I had NO energy to plan a themed party, clean my house and have company. Luckily, Addie didn't seem to mind.

Our girl had a speaking part in the K program this month!

This is the cake that I made her...not fancy, but good. Must have been the LOVE I put in there.

I am really proud of my girl. She is a beautiful kid, inside and out.

Here are some little tidbits you might not know about her:
  • She's gracious to her siblings, patient with them most of the time. 
  • She's reading so well in school and writing sentences with capitols and periods (I couldn't even get my 2nd and 3rd graders to do that back when I taught school)! 
  • She's expressive and often good about telling you how she feels...although pouting rears its head quite often.
 I found this in her backpack one day when she had been moved for talking during instruction:

  • She loves to play JUST DANCE on the Wii.
  • She's started tap and ballet on Tuesday nights and seems to enjoy it.
  • LOVES to watch Wild Krauts on PBS (right after getting off bus she asks if she can watch it)
  • She strategically states that she's hungry right when she crawls in bed and the light has just been turned off.
  • She loves to listen to Adventures in Odyssey at night when she falls asleep.
  • She surprises us with phrases like, "Three is my favorite prime number." or "Grady must be nocturnal." 
When we brought this kid home from the hospital, I remember thinking she cried a lot. I worried that she was always going to be fussy and difficult to manage. If only I could have fast-forwarded to the future , I would have been able to relax and see that she is a pleasant, intelligent and beautiful human being...and our family wouldn't be the same without her!






Happy Birthday Addie Sue! 

No comments: