Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Eliza turns three!

You know that poem:
"Sugar and Spice and everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of."

That describes Eliza Ann quite well. She's just a bundle of fun...always saying funny things...with passion and energy. One minute, I can't believe how cute she is...the next minute, I'm worn out from her exasperating, independent behavior.

My "Miss Middle" just turned three...and I tear up just thinking about it. She just can't be three already! How can this have happened?

It seems like yesterday, she was crawling around, making "trilling sounds", and giving out the best giggles. I miss those BIG BLUE eyes and hanging jaws. I loved to kiss those cheeks.


Eliza has grown into her name. She's spirited and sweet on any given moment- and I love every bit of her.

We had some friends over for a small Pumpkin party last Friday for a playdate, but my camera battery was dead and my iphone was low on storage...so I have nothing to show for it. We did have a good time. The kids pinned the Heart on a skeleton and painted pumpkins. My friend Laurie took a picture of everyone's pumpkins after the party, but guess who refused to get in the picture and sat on the stairs inside?

Miss Sugar and Spice...


 On the morning of her birthday, I decorated her door...


Her birthday fell on Sunday this year, so we went to Chuckie Cheese's after church. She had fun...even though it was a small family affair:



Things to remember about Eliza:


  • She still loves BABIES!
  • She's expressive and makes friends easily.
  • E is good a sharing. She's not a push over by any means...but will usually offer toys to other children to make them happy.
  • Eliza loves to pray at dinner and she says the cutest things!
  • She often will open her Bible and pretend she is reading. She'll say "Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so."
  • Eliza Ann is about 90% potty trained, but is still not convinced that #2 needs to be done on the toilet. She's highly opinionated about the matter actually. When we get some consistency out of her, she will get to start dance class; something she's DYING to do.
  • Eliza loves to dress up in princess dresses. She's particularly hung up on a purple velour dress (that she wore to the BS Princess Party). 
  • Eliza is strongly attached to her lovey and binkie. That's going to be the next big girl change...getting rid of the binkie. She only gets it when she sleeps right now and she happens to be the best sleeper of all three of the kids, so I hate to mess her up. I'll mess her up either way, so the Binkie has to go.
  • Eliza knows many letters and their sounds...maybe close to 20. 
  • Has a sweet tooth...that may be a bit of an understatement.
Funny "Elizaisms";

In the bathtub, "Mom, there's a pocket in my bottom!"

"Go Haychalks!"

"Swimming Soup"= swimming suit


"Grady has a penis. Mommy has milk (signing milk)."











No comments: