Monday, October 01, 2012

I don't believe myself anymore




When I say that I'm going to post regularly...I sort of believe myself. But, not really. I'm sure you don't believe me at all when I say it. Life is busy...I don't know how people keep up with blogging and family responsibilities (sigh).

Here's what we've been up to:

Grady turned 8 months old:



My days are numbered. This boy is going to be moving soon. Seconds after I shot these pictures, he turned around and almost lunged over the arm. He's no longer content to sit and play. Guess I better get that baby gate out of storage!

Addie is rockin first grade. She's excelling in all areas...from what I can tell anyway. She came home with these cool sunglasses and said she's the top Math Wiz in her class. Not sure what that means, but it sounds good. :)


Eliza Ann is almost three!!! She's such a delight! We almost had her potty trained a few weeks ago, but she wasn't embracing the toilet thing when she went #2 and I couldn't handle it anymore. So, I put her back in diapers until she turns 3. I don't want it to be a negative experience...for either of us. She loves to play pretend and is the most compassionate little girl----very mindful of other's feelings.





I've been keeping busy with Thirty-One...or trying to. It's one of those businesses where you can lose ground quickly if you slack off. I have three parties lined up for October, but things change and I'd really like to have more. Will have to carve out some time to get more scheduled. In the meantime, I've been working on an old hutch I got off Craig's List. I bought it for $85 and had all the paint needed, so I just updated it a bit. I spray painted the hardware too.

  

Micah is sick of my home improvement projects...but is dealing. You'd think he'd be used to it by now. I have so many ideas and NO MONEY to do it. I've had estimates to paint my main floor and about had an anxiety attack when I hear them. I haven't seen any less than $2000. The ceiling alone is going to take somewhere from $800-$1200. I would do it myself, but don't know how I could with small children to take care of. I already do too much anyway and need to spend more time "playing" with them. There's a balance somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.

Micah's "Flavor-Savor" works quite well, doesn't it?

Never a dull moment with this man...

Lucas is my sweet boy. You'd hardly even know he's here...except on Mon, Wednesday and Friday mornings when he whines on my bedside for me to take him for a run. I've started taking him with me and somehow, he can keep track of the days. It's very strange. He was a pain to run with at first, but we've gotten into a groove now. The only time I wish I didn't bring him is when he poops and I have to finish a lap with a bag of poop in my hand. Last week, I forgot a sack, so I had to use someone's plastic from their newspaper. I figured they would rather me use that than leave his poop in their yard. The trouble with a sack like that is that it's very narrow and I could hardly get it in there. I ended up having no handle to hold and had to carry the actual bag in the palm of my hand...all warm and squishy. Very gross. I cut that run short.



Other random, cute photos:

the girls at the Fall Fun Fest after church


our cute little man

on a walk with the little munchkins 











No comments: