Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Life




I'm busy...too busy. I can't keep up. Some days, I think I'm drowning in my responsibilities. Truly, I put myself in this position. I started selling Thirty-One to make extra money and now...it's almost too hard for me to keep up with. My kids should be my first priority, but since promoting to Director, I have a quota to keep and it's really hard to manage with three little ones. If I take a step back, however, I lose all the girls on my team and have to start over. I think I might have to look into childcare one day a week so that I can put energy into my job.


Once I start thinking about doing that, however, I think, "Ummm, my job is my kids, so what am I doing?" UUhhhgggg! Decisions, Decisions.

I must say, my favorite thing to do is home improvement. But to do that, I must make some money....which goes back to the PT job thing. So....here's what's going on at the house this week.

I've finished the hutch but then my table looked pretty beat up. So I finished off the table as well.

It used to have a stained top, but was chipped and damaged. Now it's distressed black to match my hutch. I poly'd the top so that it's more durable than the last finish. I'm not a huge fan of the shiny top, but at least I know  it's protected and can withstand my children's abuse. I found out, since finishing it, that I could have used a finishing wax to get a softer sheen. I'll store that in my memory for NEXT time.

I just finished painting my garage door black and putting up hooks for coats and backpacks in the garage. We don't have a mud room and I'm preparing for winter coats. I'm tired of them taking over the house...along with shoes and boots. Now we have a place to store everything!

Here are some pictures of little man...he's changing so much. Still not crawling, but sooooo close. This morning, he learned how to get from a rocking to a sitting position.

Here, Lucas is trying to get some lovin' from Grady.


 "I'm kind of a big deal."

I'm going to work on a rolling cubby/bench for the playroom next. It shouldn't cost too much and will hopefully provide a bit more storage. I'd really like to have my entire main floor painted: ceiling, trim, and walls. But---- the estimates I'm getting are in the thousands and I don't have the money for it. Of course, I don't have the TIME to do it myself. Someday soon...It will get done...I hope.

No comments: