Monday, April 30, 2007

Saving our pennies



Nothing too exciting happened this week, but we did manage to get a few photos of our girl keeping busy around the house.
She's the funnest age ever! She's doing so many new things everyday, there's no way I could write them all down...but I try anyway.


She's pretty good about getting her diaper changed nowadays. In fact, when we ask her if she's ready to be changed, she gets her diaper pad and lays down with her legs straight up in the air.

She also loves to walk backwards and go down the stairs upright...like we older people do. It scares me half to death, but she's smiling the whole time. She really has no fear at this point in her life. She'll go down any slide, climb any hill, and pet any animal. She'd probably skydive if we gave her the chance.


She loves to put coins in her piggy bank too. We all emptied our pockets and purses just to see her put them in. But we have to watch her like hawks b/c she tries to put them in her mouth when she thinks we won't catch her. It's like she has this uncontrollable impulse that she just can't pass up.


She still only has four teeth on the bottom. None on top, no molars, nothing. But she ACTS like she's going to get one anytime. We'll see.


Here she is yesterday after we went to a 25th wedding anniversary party. She was such a trooper. She hardly got a nap at all before we had to wake her for the party. Afterwards, we went through some spring tour homes for fun. We had fun dreaming about our next house and Addison got her fill of stairs to climb and doors to shut. By the time we got home, we all were pooped!

We're still working on weaning. Addison doesn't like cow's milk so I've been nursing 2-3 times a day still. Today, however, she hasn't nursed yet so maybe we're making progress toward just one nursing session a day. I have to get her weaned by June so that we can go on a float trip with some friends. My poor parents are going to have a fussy one on their hands if I don't have her weaned by then.


I had to put this picture in...she was so sleepy that I didn't even wake her with my picture taking.


This here is our bubba dog, Lucas. He just turned 3 last week. He's outside most of the time so I don't talk about him on our post very much anymore. But, he's such a doll baby. I love our dogs so much still...even though we have a busy baby to keep up with. They are awesome dogs.

6 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

For some reason (probably my computer), I can't see your pictures...but I loved reading about them! It was so nice to see you the other day! We should plan a playdate with the other kids sometime this summer! I'm so glad that Addison is already saving her money...What a smart girl!

Our Three Girls said...

I can see the pictures now! I don't know what the problem was before.

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

I had the problem with not seeing the pictures before. I noticed it with your sisters blog too. I had to completely re-do our St Patty's post to get the picts to show up. I sent an email to blogger, but never got a response. If you figure out the trick, let me know!

Micah and Beth said...

I don't know what's going on. Some of them are there one minute and gone the next. Very strange! I'll try uploading the pictures again.
That stinks!

Micah and Beth said...

Okay...I went back and uploaded the pictures in html and I think they're fine now. That's what I did the last time this happened. Hopefully they'll stay up. Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

beth...the pictures of addison sleeping are so so precious. i just want to smooch her. and for the record, i know she is going to grow up to be a perfect, angelic, chaste young woman!!!! :) love you! sarah