Friday, May 01, 2009

Trip to North Carolina


Toby, Aunt Joyce, Caleb, Leisel, and Addie Sue

We just returned from visiting my sister and her family in North Carolina. It was a great visit...a bit stressful with four kids, but wonderful nevertheless.

Leisel is just as cute and fat as can be. I loved changing her diapers just so that I could look at all the rolls on her legs.


Addie and Toby drove each other crazy. Their relationship is a bit of a cat and mouse chase. He loves to tease and she screams her head off. It's a vicious cycle.


Addie and Caleb get along really well. They play nicely together.


Joyce looks great after having her third child. They have a busy, but a happy home.

Addie had trouble sleeping there. I think she was afraid to sleep in a big bed up in the bonus room by herself. But when we tried to put her Caleb's room in the bunk bed, they just goofed around for waaaay too long. Eventually she'll get to "sleep over" with her cousin, but apparently she's not able to handle it just yet.


Our little miss is just cracking us up lately with her funny three year old comments. She calls me Beth Ellen sometimes. She "reads" books to herself, combining several plots from different stories. She'll start talking about Moses and then move onto part of the story of the Easter bunny and then finish with Goldilocks. It's quite creative.

Addie loves to make up her own songs too. Some of the lastest lyrics sound something like this: "My child, I love you...you are my shining star"

We've had a few friends have babies these last two weeks:
Carrie and Ben had baby Lexi Elle.


Mark and Amber had baby Johnathon James.
Romy and Matt had baby Claire Tomilyn.
(I don't have pics of the last two babies)

Here's my first belly pic @ three months.

We did this every month with Addie and it was fun to see how I grew...
Click to see my belly pics with Addie Sue.
I'm not so sure it will be so fun this time around...

Anyway...have a great week! I should be doing a better job of updating now that I'm not as sick. My nausea comes and goes in small waves now, which is much better than before.

4 comments:

Fire Hunt said...

You look so good.

Sarah & Scott said...

i'm trying to resist the urge to punch you for that belly pic, since you are pregnant and all. HELLO! my belly was not that flat BEFORE i had a child! you look wonderful! i love the pics of leisel joy. they are so cute...i think she looks like joyce and toby! and i love addie's song!

amosclarkson said...

Thanks for posting the pic of Carrie & Ben's little girl! Looks like a fun trip to your sister's and glad your nausea is subsiding!

Tiffany said...

you look great! three months and you still are in reg. pants on your 2 baby!!! oh my! you got it going on. :) it was great to catch up with you and all. sorry, i didn't ask you how you were feeling, i didn't know you were pregnant until i read your blog. but you know that now since i have left so many comments today :)