Thursday, January 28, 2010

3 months...new decor



For some reason, E didn't want to sit up. She kept kicking her feet and sliding down into a slouch!




2 months

1 month

2 weeks

Miss Eliza Ann is now 3 months old. She's content much of the time, sleeps well, eats well, and is learning to put herself to sleep. She's also trying to decide if she's done being swaddled yet or not. Sometimes it seems to help, but lately, it seems as if it is really uncomfortable for her and she grunts and groans.

We recently painted Addie's room. I still have to put up curtains and a few more decorative items, but you get the idea when looking at the pics.


I took this one while Addie was taking a nap!






The pic below is a "list" that Addie made the other day. I love it b/c you can see that she is making some letters. She also is showing that she understands that print runs from left to right!


Eliza actually likes her swing now! Micah said she was falling asleep in it last night so he took her out and put her in her bed. She slept the remainder of the evening...until I woke her at 11 pm to feed her. I missed her! :)




Addie is now an official bedtime staller. My mom said my brother wrote the book on stalling & I rewrote it. Well, now I think Addie has come up with a revised edition! You should hear the excuses for why she's not in her bed (in addition to the typical reasons: drink, food, etc.):
"MOm, I just forgot to tell you that if the baby cries, you give her some milk and change her diaper, Ok?"
"I forgot to give you a hug."
"I have to go poopy!"
"I fell asleep and Lucas woke me!" (after we left about 2 min. earlier)
"My lips are dry. I need some gasoline (meaning vasoline) on my lips."
"I can't breathe, my boogers are blocking my nose."
"I'm hot in my sleeper."
"Can you come and lay with me for this many? (holds up all fingers and both feet)

The list goes on, but I can't recall them right now! It's really cute....at first! We've also started a sticker chart for her for every night she sleeps without calling out for one of us. Some nights, she's been up more than the baby! It's a KILLER to have both of them waking at night. So anyway, if she gets five stickers, this time, she'll get a Blow Pop! Big time prize, I know!!! So glad she happy with the small things in life!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Carrie Fluegge said...

I just got caught up on your past few posts. Addie and Micah are both funny characters. That's funny about the pepto room. Eliza is adorable. Love Addie's snow princess dress. Keep up the blog!

Fun Memories said...

Hey I really like your blog. so fun. Now you have the link to mine. Linda