Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas Festivities



Merry Christmas Everyone!


Now that Christmas has come and gone...I am finding the time to write about it. There were some disappointments b/c of the weather (I was unable to be with my folks on Christmas Eve), however, the White Christmas was beautiful.

We had our annual trip to see Santa...


Eliza waited for 45 min. to meet the Big Guy in Red...but she didn't seem all that thrilled!

Addie left a reminder for Santa about what she wanted...she left him some cookies, of course!



We decorated a Gingerbread house with our family in KC.


Gigi and Papa came out from California...


We made a snowman and tried to sled (with cardboard boxes b/c sleds were all sold out in the stores).


Lucas ended up eating our sleds (never give your puppy cardboard to chew...he'll just grow up and eat it any chance he gets) :)


Eliza handed out some sweet little smiles.


Addie tried on all her new dress clothes for us, including this snow princess outfit.


I tried to bake a Birthday Cake for Jesus from scratch but my shortening had gone rancid and I smoked out the whole house instead. We had our windows open on Christmas day in 11 degree weather. I think our heater must have raised the temp. outside to at least 12 degrees (haha)

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Sarah & Scott said...

oh my gosh. i love the picture of the cakes. made me laugh. i'm sure jesus did not mind the failed cakes...i'm sure he knew it was the thought that counted. your girls are so cute!