Tuesday, March 21, 2006

We're Making Progress!

Fortunately, we're getting better at soothing Addison when she starts having her baby "tantrums". I wouldn't say that Addie is colicky, but she's definitely higher maintenance than other babies I've seen. My friend, Deb, recommended that I get the book, "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and it has completely changed my expectations of what motherhood should be like. I feel like we're doing such a better job of soothing Addison.

It basically talks about how most babies need a fourth trimester which requires the parents to recreate the "womb" for them for the first three months. Yesterday, she stayed in her bouncy seat for 3 hours! That's a record! Right now, she's in her "new" swing...just about ready to doze off for a nap. YEAH! I'm really enjoying my new found freedom. Now, I can go to the bathroom, eat some food or sweep the floor without her attached to my hip. Of course, I'm learning to enjoy the times I get to hold her too because I know this time passes much too quickly.


I'm attaching some photos of her that I just took. She was all smiles...looking at herself in the mirror and tracking a black and white face I made out of a styrofoam plate and construction paper.


You're getting a good shot up Addison's nose in this picture. Those saline drops and aspirator sure did their job, huh?

3 comments:

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Yippee! I'm so happy that the swing does the trick. I think you'll be amazed at how much more independent she becomes in the next 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

beth ellen and micah...i like checking in every now and then and seeing how addison is doing. i am so excited for you, and it sounds like you two are such good parents! i still can't wait to meet her. she is cute as a button.

Anonymous said...

I think she is the cutest baby I have ever seen. She looks so happy and content in all of the pictures. Thanks for keeping us all updated with your great website. It makes me feel like I am right there with you.
Mindy Joy